Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Dog Walking Agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the dog walker (referred to as the 'Walker') and the dog owner (referred to as the 'Owner'). This agreement is important as it establishes the responsibilities and expectations of both parties, ensuring a smooth and professional dog walking service.
The agreement begins with an interpretation section, defining key terms and providing general information about the agreement. It clarifies that the Walker is in the business of providing dog exercise and walking services, while the Owner wishes to hire the Walker for these services.
The agreement then outlines the Walker's obligations, emphasizing their commitment to providing the services in a professional and diligent manner. This includes complying with all laws and regulations related to animals and pets, following any instructions or variations issued by the Owner, and properly cleaning up any waste left by the dogs.
The agreement also addresses emergencies and extreme weather conditions. It states that the Walker must immediately notify the Owner of any emergencies and employ their best judgment when the Owner cannot be reached. In case of hot or cold weather, the Walker must take extra precautions to ensure the welfare of the dogs.
Service fees are discussed in detail, specifying the amount to be paid by the Owner for the services rendered. The Walker is responsible for providing an invoice itemizing the services performed and any additional expenses incurred. The agreement also clarifies that the Walker must obtain the Owner's written consent for any expenses exceeding a certain limit.
Warranties and indemnities are included to protect both parties. The Walker must promptly notify the Owner of any delays, problems, or complaints related to the services. They are also required to maintain appropriate insurance coverage for any injury or damage that may occur during the services.
The agreement establishes the term and termination conditions, allowing either party to terminate the agreement under certain circumstances. In case of termination, the Walker must return the dogs and related properties to the Owner and may be entitled to compensation for the completed services.
Ownership of the dogs and liabilities are clearly defined, stating that the dogs remain the property of the Owner and that any citations or tickets incurred by the Walker are their sole responsibility.
Confidentiality provisions ensure that any access to the Owner's property or confidential information is kept confidential and not disclosed without written permission.
The agreement also addresses the independent contractor relationship between the parties, stating that the Walker is responsible for their own conduct and taxes.
Other clauses cover amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and no rights under contracts for third parties.
The agreement includes a jurisdiction clause, specifying the proper law and jurisdiction for any disputes that may arise.
Notices and service provisions outline the acceptable methods of communication between the parties.
Finally, the agreement allows for execution in counterparts, meaning it can be signed by the parties on separate documents that together form one agreement.
1. Enter the names and addresses of the Walker and the Owner in the agreement, ensuring both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify the details of the services to be provided, including walking, exercising, playing, and socializing with the dogs.
3. Clarify the Walker's obligations, such as providing the services in a professional and diligent manner, complying with all laws and regulations, and properly cleaning up any waste left by the dogs.
4. Address emergencies and extreme weather conditions, ensuring the Walker notifies the Owner and takes appropriate actions.
5. Agree on the service fees and payment terms, including the amount to be paid and the due date for payment.
6. Discuss warranties and indemnities, ensuring the Walker promptly notifies the Owner of any issues and maintains appropriate insurance coverage.
7. Establish the term and termination conditions, allowing either party to terminate the agreement under certain circumstances.
8. Clarify ownership of the dogs and liabilities, stating that the dogs remain the property of the Owner and any citations or tickets are the responsibility of the Walker.
9. Include confidentiality provisions to protect the Owner's property and confidential information.
10. Define the independent contractor relationship between the parties, stating that the Walker is responsible for their own conduct and taxes.
11. Address other important clauses, such as amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and no rights under contracts for third parties.
12. Specify the proper law and jurisdiction for any disputes that may arise.
13. Follow the proper methods of communication for notices and service.
14. Ensure the agreement is signed by both parties in counterparts, forming one legally binding document.