Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Dog Walking Agreement is a document that outlines the terms and conditions between a dog walker (referred to as the 'Walker') and a dog owner (referred to as the 'Owner'). The agreement highlights the importance of hiring a professional and diligent dog walker who will provide dog exercise and walking services in a manner consistent with recognized standards and good practice.
The agreement begins with an interpretation section, defining key terms and clarifying the context in which the agreement is made. It emphasizes that the Walker is an independent contractor hired by the Owner for the sole purpose of providing dog exercise and walking services.
The document covers various aspects of the services, including the Walker's obligations, emergency procedures, extreme weather considerations, service fees, warranties, indemnities, and ownership of the dog. It also addresses confidentiality, termination, assignment, severability, and dispute resolution.
The agreement emphasizes the importance of clear communication between the parties. It specifies that the Walker should immediately notify the Owner in case of emergencies and attempt to contact the Owner for further instructions. It also outlines the Walker's responsibilities during hot and cold weather conditions, ensuring the safety and well-being of the dog(s) during the services.
Regarding service fees, the agreement states that the Owner shall pay the Walker a service fee per hour for the services rendered. It explains the process of invoicing, payment due dates, and the consequences of late payment. The Walker is required to keep an exact record of any expenses incurred while performing the services and provide an itemized invoice to the Owner.
The agreement includes warranties and indemnities to protect both parties. The Owner is responsible for promptly reporting any defects in the Walker's performance, and the Walker is obligated to rectify any defaults as soon as reasonably practicable.
The document also addresses the ownership of the dog(s) and liabilities. It clarifies that the dog(s) will remain the property of the Owner, and the Walker will be in possession and control of the dog(s) during the services.
Confidentiality is a crucial aspect of the agreement. The Walker is required to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed by the Owner confidential. Exceptions to confidentiality include information already in the public domain, information disclosed by a third party, and information required to be disclosed by law.
The agreement concludes with provisions related to independent contractor status, amendment, force majeure, and jurisdiction. It emphasizes that the agreement does not create a joint venture, partnership, or principal-agent relationship between the parties.
Overall, the Dog Walking Agreement is a comprehensive document that ensures clear communication, sets expectations, and protects the rights and responsibilities of both the Walker and the Owner.
1. Provide information: Enter the Walker's and Owner's information in the agreement, including their mailing addresses and contact details. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Define services: Clearly describe the dog exercise and walking services to be provided by the Walker. Include details such as walking, exercising, playing, and socializing with the dog(s). This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work.
3. Establish obligations: The Walker should agree to provide the services in a professional and diligent manner, complying with all applicable laws and regulations. This ensures that the services meet recognized standards and good practice.
4. Emergency procedures: Outline the steps to be taken in case of emergencies involving the dog(s) or the Owner's property. This ensures that the Owner is promptly notified and appropriate actions are taken.
5. Consider extreme weather: Specify the precautions to be taken during hot and cold weather conditions. This includes paying extra attention to heat or cold on the walking path and providing necessary gear or breaks for the dog(s).
6. Determine service fees: Agree on the service fee per hour for the services rendered by the Walker. Establish the process of invoicing, payment due dates, and any late payment charges. This ensures clarity on financial obligations.
7. Record expenses: The Walker should keep an exact record of any expenses incurred while performing the services. Submit an itemized invoice with proof of purchase and receipt to the Owner. This ensures transparency in financial matters.
8. Report defects: The Owner should promptly report any defects in the Walker's performance. The Walker should use reasonable endeavors to rectify any defaults as soon as possible. This ensures the quality and satisfaction of the services.
9. Clarify ownership and liabilities: Specify that the dog(s) remain the property of the Owner and outline the Walker's responsibilities during the services. This clarifies ownership and liability issues.
10. Maintain confidentiality: Emphasize the importance of keeping the terms of the agreement and any confidential information confidential. Define exceptions to confidentiality, such as information already in the public domain or required to be disclosed by law.
11. Review and termination: Review the agreement periodically and make any necessary amendments. Specify the conditions under which either party can terminate the agreement. Establish the consequences of termination, such as outstanding payment obligations.
12. Seek legal advice if needed: If there are any uncertainties or complexities in the agreement, it is advisable to seek legal advice to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.