Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Statement / Letter of Wishes' is a statement prepared by an individual, referred to as 'account first name account last name', who wishes to express their wishes and preferences regarding their care. The document is intended to guide the individual's carer and medical practitioner in providing care and making decisions on their behalf. This statement supersedes any previous letter or statement related to the individual's will.
The document begins with a brief introduction, stating that the individual is of legal age and sound mind, and that they expect their carer and medical practitioner to consider their wishes. It also includes a provision for respecting the individual's religious beliefs, if applicable.
The document then addresses the end-of-term care, specifying the type of care the individual would like to receive. This section ensures that the individual's preferences for care at the end of their life are known and respected.
Following that, the document includes a section for expressing preferences related to general care. The individual can outline specific preferences they have regarding their care, such as medical treatments, living arrangements, or other aspects of their daily life.
If applicable, the document also includes a section for practical issues. This section allows the individual to specify any practical matters they would like to be taken care of, such as financial arrangements, legal matters, or personal belongings.
The document concludes with a signature block, where the individual can sign and date the statement, indicating its validity and authenticity.
To use the 'Statement / Letter of Wishes' document effectively, follow these steps:
1. Begin by introducing yourself as the individual preparing the statement. Include your full name, address, and confirm that you are of legal age and sound mind.
2. If applicable, state your religious beliefs and express your wish for your carer to respect them.
3. Specify the type of care you would like to receive in the event of the end of term care. Be clear and specific about your preferences, ensuring that your carer and medical practitioner understand your wishes.
4. Outline your general care preferences. This can include preferences regarding medical treatments, living arrangements, daily routines, or any other aspect of your care. Be thorough and provide as much detail as possible.
5. If there are any practical issues you would like to address, such as financial matters or personal belongings, clearly state them in a separate section. Provide specific instructions or requests to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
6. Finally, sign and date the document to indicate its validity. Make sure to keep a copy for your records and share a copy with your carer and medical practitioner.
By following these steps, you can effectively communicate your wishes and preferences for your care through the 'Statement / Letter of Wishes' document.