Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Receipt for Keys issued by Landlord on Property' is a written confirmation of the receipt of keys by the recipient from the landlord. It serves as an important document in establishing the transfer of keys and outlining the responsibilities of the recipient.
The entire document consists of several sections:
1. Title: The title clearly states the purpose of the document, which is to acknowledge the receipt of keys.
2. Introduction: The document begins with a brief introduction stating the date of issuance, the sender (agent), the recipient (landlord), and the property in question.
3. Key Receipt: This section lists the keys that were issued to the recipient on the specified date. It is crucial to accurately document the keys to ensure accountability.
4. Non-Duplication Agreement: The document includes a clause stating that the recipient agrees not to duplicate any of the keys without written permission from the landlord. This clause helps protect the security of the property.
5. Obligation to Return Keys: The recipient acknowledges their obligation to return all keys issued to them upon the request of the landlord or termination of agency. This ensures that the keys are returned promptly and prevents unauthorized access to the property.
6. Costs for Non-Return: In the event that the keys are not returned by the specified date and time, the recipient agrees to bear the costs associated with re-keying and replacing locks. This clause emphasizes the importance of returning the keys on time.
7. Signature: The document concludes with a space for the recipient to sign, indicating their acknowledgment of the receipt of keys.
Each section of the document serves a specific purpose in establishing a clear understanding between the landlord and the recipient regarding the keys issued and their responsibilities. It is essential to carefully review and understand each section before signing the document.
Guidance for using the 'Receipt for Keys issued by Landlord on Property' document:
1. Fill in the Information: Enter the current date, the name of the agent, the name of the landlord, and the property details in the respective fields. This ensures accurate identification of the parties involved.
2. List the Keys: Specify the keys that are being issued to the recipient on the specified date. Make sure to include all relevant keys to ensure accountability.
3. Non-Duplication Agreement: The recipient should read and understand the clause regarding key duplication. They must agree not to duplicate any of the keys without written permission from the landlord.
4. Obligation to Return Keys: The recipient should acknowledge their obligation to return all keys issued to them upon the request of the landlord or termination of agency. This ensures that the keys are returned promptly and prevents any unauthorized access to the property.
5. Costs for Non-Return: The recipient should be aware that if the keys are not returned by the specified date and time, they will be responsible for bearing the costs associated with re-keying and replacing locks. This emphasizes the importance of returning the keys on time.
6. Sign the Document: The recipient should sign the document to indicate their acknowledgment of the receipt of keys. The agent may also sign as a witness, if required.
It is important to follow these steps accurately and ensure that both parties have a clear understanding of the document's contents and implications. This document serves as a legal record and should be treated with utmost care and attention.