Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Lodger Agreement - Room Rental is a document that outlines the terms and conditions for renting a room in a residential property. It is important because it establishes the rights and responsibilities of both the licensor (property owner) and the lodger (tenant). The document begins with a detailed introduction, stating that the licensor will let and the lodger will occupy the premises for a specified term. The premises are described as a room and the communal areas of the property. The agreement also includes a schedule that lists the furniture, fixtures, and equipment included in the rental.
The document then goes on to specify the licence fee, which is the rent that the lodger must pay. It states that the fee must be paid in advance and includes any additional charges listed in the schedule. The lodger is required to pay interest on any late payments and failure to pay the licence fee for more than 7 days can result in termination of the licence. The document also outlines the deposit that the lodger must pay and the conditions under which it may be forfeited.
The agreement includes a section on the licensor's responsibilities, which include ensuring the legality of the premises and its right to license its use. The lodger's responsibilities are also outlined in detail, including prompt payment of the licence fee and other charges, using the premises only for residential purposes, and maintaining the premises in good condition. The lodger is prohibited from subletting the space, carrying out alterations without permission, or using the space for immoral or illegal purposes.
The document also covers the termination of the licence, stating that it can be terminated by the licensor for non-payment, breach of the agreement, or if the lodger serves a written notice to end the licence. The licensor has the right to deduct any outstanding payments from the deposit upon termination. The agreement concludes with miscellaneous provisions, including the entire agreement between the parties, the waiver of any breach, and the jurisdiction of the courts.
Overall, the Lodger Agreement - Room Rental is a comprehensive document that protects the rights of both the licensor and the lodger and ensures a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of the rental.
1. Provide the licensor's and lodger's information, including their addresses, to clearly identify both parties.
2. Specify the licence fee and the payment terms, including the due date and any late payment interest.
3. Describe the premises and the furniture, fixtures, and equipment included in the rental.
4. Collect the deposit within 1 business day after signing the agreement and specify the conditions under which it may be forfeited.
5. Outline the licensor's responsibilities, such as ensuring the legality of the premises.
6. Specify the lodger's responsibilities, including prompt payment of fees, maintaining the premises, and not subletting the space.
7. Include provisions for termination of the licence, such as non-payment or breach of the agreement.
8. Clarify that the licence is a personal right and cannot be assigned or shared.
9. Include miscellaneous provisions, such as the entire agreement, waiver of breach, and jurisdiction of the courts.
10. Ensure that any notices are served in accordance with the specified methods and addresses.
11. Make sure both parties sign the agreement and include their contact information.
12. Provide a schedule that lists the furniture, fixtures, and equipment included in the rental.
13. Keep a copy of the agreement for both parties' records.