Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Storage Agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions for the use of storage space by the Licensee. It is important as it establishes the rights and responsibilities of both parties involved in the agreement. The document begins with a detailed introduction, highlighting the importance of the agreement and the purpose of the storage space. It then proceeds to provide a section-by-section description of the entire document.
Section 1: License
This section grants the Licensee permission to use the allocated space for storing their goods for a specific term. It specifies the start and end dates of the agreement and describes the space allocated on the premises.
Section 2: License Fee
This section outlines the payment terms for the Licensee, including the amount and frequency of the license fee. It also states the consequences of non-payment and the requirement for a deposit.
Section 3: Deposit
This section explains the purpose and conditions of the deposit, including its amount, payment deadline, and potential deductions in case of contract violations.
Section 4: Risk and Insurance
This section clarifies that the Licensee is solely responsible for the risk associated with their goods and emphasizes the need for appropriate insurance coverage.
Section 5: Licensor's Responsibilities
This section outlines the responsibilities of the Licensor, including ensuring the legality of the premises and maintaining the structural parts of the premises.
Section 6: Licensee's Responsibilities
This section details the obligations of the Licensee, such as prompt payment of fees, keeping the space clean and tidy, and not using the space for illegal purposes.
Section 7: Termination of the License
This section specifies the circumstances under which the Licensor can terminate the license, including non-payment, bankruptcy, material breach, or notice from either party. It also explains the process of termination and the Licensee's obligations upon termination.
Section 8: License Not a Lease
This section clarifies that the license is a personal right and cannot be assigned or disposed of by the Licensee.
Section 9: Miscellaneous
This section includes various miscellaneous provisions, such as the entire agreement clause, severability of provisions, waiver of breach, data protection, and the forfeiture of the deposit.
Section 10: No Rights Under Contracts for Third Parties
This section states that only the parties to the agreement have rights under the contract and no third party can enforce its terms.
Section 11: Law and Jurisdiction
This section specifies the governing law and jurisdiction for any disputes arising from the agreement.
Section 12: Notices and Service
This section explains the methods and timing of delivering notices between the parties, including delivery by hand, email, or post.
The Storage Agreement is a comprehensive document that covers all aspects of the license arrangement, ensuring clarity and protection for both the Licensor and the Licensee.
1. Read the entire Storage Agreement carefully to understand its purpose and terms.
2. Identify the Licensee and Licensor by their respective names and addresses.
3. Determine the start and end dates of the license term.
4. Note the space allocated for storage and any restrictions on the types of goods that can be stored.
5. Calculate the license fee and ensure timely payment according to the specified frequency.
6. Pay the deposit within one business day after signing the agreement.
7. Obtain suitable insurance coverage for the stored goods.
8. Understand the responsibilities of the Licensor, including maintaining the premises and structural parts.
9. Fulfill the responsibilities as a Licensee, such as keeping the space clean, not using it for illegal purposes, and promptly paying fees.
10. Be aware of the circumstances that may lead to termination of the license, such as non-payment or material breach.
11. Return the keys and remove all goods from the space upon termination.
12. Remember that the license is a personal right and cannot be assigned or shared.
13. Familiarize yourself with the miscellaneous provisions, including data protection and forfeiture of the deposit.
14. Understand that the agreement does not grant rights to third parties.
15. Comply with the governing law and jurisdiction specified in the agreement.
16. Follow the instructions for delivering notices, ensuring timely communication between the parties.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Storage Agreement and fulfill your obligations as a Licensee while protecting your rights and interests.