Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Personal Statement' is an important piece of writing that plays a crucial role in various applications, such as college admissions, job applications, and scholarship applications. It serves as a means for individuals to showcase their personal qualities, experiences, and aspirations to the reader.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each serving a specific purpose. The first section is the introduction, where the applicant highlights the importance of the subject they are applying for. This section aims to capture the reader's attention and emphasize the applicant's interest and passion for the subject.
The next section focuses on the applicant's suitability for the chosen area of subject. Here, the applicant provides a detailed explanation of why they are applying for this particular subject and how their skills, knowledge, and experiences align with it. This section aims to convince the reader that the applicant is a strong candidate for the chosen subject.
Following the suitability section, the document includes a section dedicated to the applicant's previous studies. In this section, the applicant provides information about their academic background, specifically highlighting their achievements and experiences during their time at Reading University. This section aims to demonstrate the applicant's academic capabilities and their commitment to their studies.
If the applicant has held any positions of responsibility, such as leadership roles or volunteer work, a separate section is dedicated to describing these experiences. The applicant explains their roles, responsibilities, and the skills they have developed through these positions. This section aims to showcase the applicant's leadership abilities, teamwork skills, and their ability to take on responsibilities.
Lastly, the document includes a section on the applicant's extracurricular activities and skills. Here, the applicant highlights any relevant activities they have participated in outside of their academic studies, such as sports, clubs, or community service. Additionally, they mention any specific skills they have acquired through these activities, such as communication skills, problem-solving abilities, or creativity.
Overall, the 'Personal Statement' document is a comprehensive piece of writing that provides a detailed introduction to the applicant, their suitability for the chosen subject, their academic background, positions of responsibility, and extracurricular activities. It serves as a platform for the applicant to present themselves in a compelling and persuasive manner, aiming to convince the reader of their qualifications and potential.
1. Begin the personal statement by emphasizing the importance of the subject you are applying for. Capture the reader's attention and express your passion for the subject.
2. In the 'Suitability' section, provide a detailed explanation of why you are applying for this subject and how your skills and experiences align with it. Convince the reader that you are a strong candidate.
3. Dedicate a section to your previous studies, highlighting your achievements and experiences during your time at Reading University. Showcase your academic capabilities and commitment to your studies.
4. If you have held any positions of responsibility, describe them in a separate section. Explain your roles, responsibilities, and the skills you have developed through these positions. Showcase your leadership abilities and ability to take on responsibilities.
5. Include a section on your extracurricular activities and skills. Highlight any relevant activities you have participated in and mention the skills you have acquired through them.
6. Throughout the personal statement, maintain a clear and concise writing style. Focus on presenting your qualifications and potential rather than simply completing the document.
7. Proofread your personal statement multiple times to ensure it is free of errors and flows smoothly. Seek feedback from trusted individuals to further improve your statement.
8. Tailor your personal statement to each specific application, highlighting relevant experiences and skills that align with the requirements of the institution or organization.
9. Be honest and authentic in your writing, showcasing your true self and unique qualities. Avoid exaggerations or fabrications.
10. Finally, remember to submit your personal statement along with any other required documents before the application deadline. Good luck!