Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Increase the Cover of Insurance' is a letter addressed to the insurance company requesting an increase in the amount of cover provided by the existing house contents policy. The letter begins with the account holder's personal information, including their first name, last name, job, and company. The current date is also mentioned.
The letter is written in a formal tone and starts with a salutation addressing the recipient as 'dear sirs/madam.' The purpose of the letter is clearly stated, which is to request an increase in the amount of cover provided by the policy.
The account holder mentions that they had previously sent a cheque for the premium due for the policy renewal. They now wish to increase the amount of cover from its current figure to a new figure with immediate effect. The account holder requests the insurance company to confirm that they have arranged for the increase in cover and to send the customary endorsement indicating the charge for inclusion in the policy schedule.
The account holder refers to the conditions that apply to their householders' policies and states that no charge for the increased cover will be made before their next renewal date. The letter concludes with the account holder expressing their anticipation of receiving confirmation from the insurance company soon and signs off as 'yours faithfully' followed by their account first name.
In summary, the document is a formal letter requesting an increase in the cover of an existing house contents policy. It provides all the necessary information and follows a professional structure and tone.
To use the document effectively, follow these steps:
1. Fill in the account holder's personal information: Enter the account holder's first name, last name, job, and company in the respective fields. This information is necessary for identification purposes.
2. Specify the current date: Enter the current date in the designated field. This will ensure that the letter is dated accurately.
3. Address the recipient: Begin the letter with a salutation addressing the recipient as 'dear sirs/madam.' This maintains a formal tone and shows respect.
4. State the purpose of the letter: Clearly state that the purpose of the letter is to request an increase in the amount of cover provided by the house contents policy. Be concise and to the point.
5. Provide necessary details: Mention that a cheque for the premium due for renewal was previously sent. Specify the desired new figure for the cover and request confirmation from the insurance company.
6. Refer to policy conditions: Mention that no charge for the increased cover will be made before the next renewal date, based on the policy conditions. This ensures clarity and avoids any misunderstandings.
7. Conclude the letter: Express anticipation of receiving confirmation soon and sign off as 'yours faithfully' followed by the account holder's first name.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the document to request an increase in the cover of your house contents policy in a professional and concise manner.