Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The 'Copyright Licence' document is an important legal document that grants permission to reproduce copyrighted material. It is used when an individual or organization wants to use someone else's copyrighted work for publication purposes. The document begins with the account holder's information, including their first name, last name, job title, address, phone number, and email. This information is necessary to identify the account holder and establish their contact details.
The document is addressed to the licensor, who is the owner of the copyrighted material. The current date is mentioned to indicate the date of the request. The document starts with a salutation, 'Dear Sir/Madam,' which is a polite way of addressing the licensor.
The main body of the document consists of a request to reproduce the copyright. The type of reproduction requested can be either an 'extract of source publication' or the 'entirety of source publication.' The choice of reproduction type depends on the specific requirements of the account holder.
If the reproduction type is 'extract of source publication,' the document mentions that the account holder has seen the licensor's source titled 'title' and is impressed with the knowledge demonstrated therein. The account holder requests permission to reproduce extracts from the source for publication. This indicates that the account holder wants to use specific portions of the licensor's work.
If the reproduction type is 'entirety of source publication,' the document mentions the same appreciation for the licensor's source titled 'title.' However, in this case, the account holder requests permission to reproduce copies of the entire source for publication. This indicates that the account holder wants to use the entire work of the licensor.
The account holder assures the licensor that full credit will be given for the reproduced material. If the licensor has a standard credit line that they require, the account holder is willing to use it. This ensures that the licensor's work is properly acknowledged.
The account holder expresses their gratitude for the prompt approval of the request. They also offer to send a copy of their publication to the licensor if desired. The document ends with a closing, 'Sincerely yours,' followed by the account holder's first name, last name, job title, and company name. This provides a professional conclusion to the document.
1. Enter account holder's information: Fill in the account holder's first name, last name, job title, address, phone number, and email in the respective fields. This information is necessary for identification and contact purposes.
2. Address the licensor: Enter the licensor's address in the designated field. This ensures that the document is properly directed to the copyright owner.
3. Specify the current date: Enter the current date in the designated field. This indicates the date of the request and helps establish a timeline.
4. Choose the reproduction type: Select either 'Extract of source publication' or 'Entirety of source publication' based on the specific requirements. This determines the extent of reproduction allowed.
5. Mention the licensor's source title: Fill in the title of the licensor's source in the designated field. This indicates the specific work that the account holder wants to reproduce.
6. Request permission for reproduction: Use the provided template to request permission for reproduction. Modify the template based on the chosen reproduction type.
7. Assure full credit: Mention that full credit will be given to the licensor for the reproduced material. If the licensor has a standard credit line, offer to use it.
8. Express gratitude for prompt approval: Thank the licensor for their prompt approval of the request. This shows appreciation for their cooperation.
9. Offer to send a copy of the publication: If desired, offer to send a copy of the account holder's publication to the licensor. This can foster a positive relationship.
10. Sign off with professional details: End the document with a closing, 'Sincerely yours,' followed by the account holder's first name, last name, job title, and company name. This provides a professional conclusion to the document.