Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Relationship Contract/Consent is a document that outlines the expectations of a voluntary and mutually consensual personal relationship between two parties. The document is to establish guidelines and boundaries for their relationship within the context of their employment with the Company.
The document begins with a brief introduction stating the purpose of the agreement. It emphasizes that the personal relationship between the two parties does not violate the Company's employment policy and that both parties agree to adhere to all of its terms.
Section 1 of the document focuses on the Company's employment policy. It states that before signing the agreement, both parties have received and reviewed the policy and acknowledge that their personal relationship does not go against it. It also highlights the Company's stance against offensive conduct (such as sexual harassment) and confirms that neither party has been coerced into the personal relationship as a result of employment or sexual harassment.
Section 2 of the document addresses the mutual consent of both parties regarding their personal relationship. It emphasizes that the relationship is voluntary and consensual, and both parties should act professionally towards each other and avoid the relationship from negatively impacting their work. It also specifies that they will not participate in decision-making processes that could affect each other's performance reviews, salaries, promotions, working hours, or career. In addition, they should refrain from engaging in public displays of affection or behavior that could create a hostile work environment for others.
Section 2.2 of the document grants the freedom to both parties to end the social relationship at any time. It establishes that if the relationship ends, both parties will maintain professionalism and refrain from retaliating against each other or participating in decision-making processes that could affect each other's employment.
Section 2.3 addresses conflicts of interest that may arise due to the personal relationship. It states that if a conflict of interest is determined by the Company, one or both parties may need to transfer to another department. If the conflict cannot be resolved, one party may have to resign or be demoted. The Company will provide options where possible, and if no choice can be made, the Company will make the decision. Both parties agree not to make any claims against the Company for wrongful dismissal or workplace discrimination in such circumstances.
Section 3 of the document addresses the enforceability of the agreement. It states that if any provision is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will still be in effect. The parties are allowed to come to an agreement and substitute the invalid provision with a similar enforceable term.
Section 4 clarifies that third parties have no rights to enforce the terms.
Section 5 states that the agreement and the relationship between the parties will be governed by and interpreted under jurisdiction state law.
The document concludes with the signatures of both parties, indicating their agreement to the terms and conditions outlined in the Relationship Contract/Consent.
1. Review the Company's employment policy attached to the agreement to ensure compliance.
2. Understand that the personal relationship between Party A and Party B should not violate the Company's employment policy.
3. Act professionally towards each other and avoid allowing the relationship to negatively impact work.
4. Refrain from participating in decision-making processes that could affect each other's performance review, salaries, promotion, working hours, or career.
5. Avoid engaging in public displays of affection or behavior that could create a hostile work environment for others.
6. Remember that the personal relationship is voluntary and consensual, and either party is free to end it at any time.
7. Maintain professionalism and inform the Company if the personal relationship ends to protect against discrimination.
8. Do not retaliate against each other and avoid participating in decision-making processes that could affect each other's employment.
9. Be aware that conflicts of interest may require one or both parties to transfer to another department.
10. Understand that unresolved conflicts of interest may result in resignation or demotion.
11. Consider the options provided by the Company in resolving conflicts of interest.
12. Do not make any claims against the Company for wrongful dismissal or workplace discrimination in conflict situations.
13. Remember that if any provision in the agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will still be in effect.
14. Come to an agreement and substitute any invalid provision with a similar enforceable term.
15. Understand that the contract does not grant any rights to third parties to enforce its terms.
16. Comply with jurisdiction state law, which governs the agreement and the relationship between the parties.
17. Sign the agreement to indicate agreement to the terms and conditions outlined in the Relationship Contract/Consent.