This document can be used as a Polyamorous / Open relationship / Friends with benefits agreement to be formally entered into by parties. This document maybe regarded as unenforceable / immoral and even illegal in certain jurisdictions. Nevertheless, this may still be used as evidence of the parties' intention to be in a polyamorous relationship.
Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Relationship Contract/Consent document is a legally unenforceable and potentially controversial agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of a polyamorous relationship between two parties. The document begins with a warning that it may be regarded as immoral or even illegal in certain jurisdictions. However, it can still serve as evidence of the parties' willingness to enter into a polyamorous relationship.
The document starts with a brief introduction, emphasizing the conscious effort required to maintain and flourish in a polyamorous relationship. It highlights the importance of satisfying intimate needs while excluding emotions such as love, jealousy, and infatuation.
The document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the relationship. The ground rules section establishes the main purpose of the relationship and emphasizes safety, protection, and the right to have relationships with other people. It also includes commitments to radical honesty, trust, and clear communication.
The communications section emphasizes the importance of regular and open conversations, resolving misunderstandings and insecurities without threatening the relationship. It also emphasizes the need to respect privacy and not attack each other in public or private.
The responsibilities section highlights the importance of equal responsibility in the relationship, investing in individual self-care, and taking responsibility for emotional responses and personal development. It also encourages avoiding over-reliance on the other party.
The intentions and acknowledgements section emphasizes the commitment to remain in the polyamorous relationship while caring for, respecting, and protecting each other. It acknowledges imperfections and the need for patience and understanding. It also highlights the importance of welcoming and honoring each other's emotions.
The respect and personal space section emphasizes the importance of individuality, taking time for oneself, respecting each other's privacy, and supporting each other's careers. It also emphasizes empowering each other and choosing love, honor, and respect.
The protection section addresses the use of protection in intimate activities, with the option for no protection if agreed upon by both parties.
The finances section addresses the ownership of properties, income, and expenses. It includes provisions for joint ownership, separate finances, and joint expenses.
The term and termination section establishes the duration of the contract and the option for renewal. It also allows for the review and revision of the contract.
The confidentiality section emphasizes the importance of keeping the terms of the contract and any private information confidential. It includes provisions regarding consent for recordings and public postings.
The mutual release section releases each party from obligations and liabilities related to the activities outlined in the contract.
The health and safety section includes representations regarding sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, and hygiene expectations.
The enforceability section addresses the validity and enforceability of the agreement, allowing for the substitution of invalid provisions.
The no rights under contracts for third parties section clarifies that individuals not party to the contract have no right to enforce its terms.
The governing law section specifies that the agreement is governed by jurisdiction state law.
The document concludes with the signatures of both parties, indicating their agreement to the terms and conditions outlined in the contract.
1. Establish ground rules: Clearly define the purpose of the polyamorous relationship and establish ground rules, such as excluding emotions like love and jealousy.
2. Prioritize safety and protection: Discuss and agree upon the use of protection in intimate activities to ensure safety.
3. Allow relationships with others: Acknowledge and respect each party's right to have relationships with other people, with no explanation required.
4. Emphasize radical honesty and clear communication: Commit to regular and open conversations, resolving misunderstandings without threatening the relationship.
5. Share equal responsibility: Work towards 'win-win' situations and invest in individual self-care to bring the best selves to the relationship.
6. Set intentions and acknowledge imperfections: Commit to caring for, respecting, and protecting each other while acknowledging imperfections and being patient and loving with each other.
7. Respect personal space: Take time for oneself, respect privacy, and support each other's individual interests and careers.
8. Address protection and finances: Discuss the use of protection in intimate activities and agree on the ownership of properties, income, and expenses.
9. Establish the term and termination: Determine the duration of the contract and review and revise it as necessary.
10. Maintain confidentiality: Keep the terms of the contract and any private information confidential, respecting each other's privacy.
11. Release obligations and liabilities: Release each other from obligations and liabilities related to the activities outlined in the contract.
12. Prioritize health and safety: Represent that both parties are free from sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, and maintain proper hygiene.
13. Ensure enforceability: Understand that invalid provisions can be substituted with enforceable terms.
14. Clarify no rights for third parties: Recognize that individuals not party to the contract have no right to enforce its terms.
15. Follow governing law: Understand that the agreement is governed by jurisdiction state law.
16. Sign the contract: Both parties should sign the contract to indicate their agreement to the terms and conditions outlined.