Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The document titled 'Prize Competition - Terms and Conditions' is a comprehensive set of rules and guidelines that govern a prize competition. It outlines the terms and conditions that participants must adhere to in order to enter the competition and have a chance to win the prize. The document starts with a brief introduction, followed by sections that cover various aspects of the competition.
The first section introduces the promoter, who is responsible for organizing and running the competition. It provides the name and address of the promoter, ensuring transparency and accountability.
The second section provides an overview of the competition, including its name and purpose. It sets the context for the rest of the document.
The third section explains how to enter the competition. It specifies the opening and closing dates of the competition and outlines the different methods of entry, such as purchasing a product, downloading a form from the website, creating an account online, dialing a number, or sending a text. It also clarifies that no additional purchase is necessary and that there are no fees required to register for the use of the website.
The fourth section establishes the eligibility criteria for participants. It states that participants must be residents of and based in the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, unless they are employees of the promoter or its affiliated companies, or members of their immediate families or households. It also emphasizes that participants must confirm their eligibility to enter the competition and may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
The fifth section focuses on the prizes that can be won in the competition. It mentions that the prizes are subject to availability and that the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a cash alternative or a prize of equal or greater value. It also states that the prize is supplied by a specific supplier and that it is not negotiable or transferable.
The sixth section discusses the selection of winners. It mentions that the decision of the promoter or the judges nominated by the promoter is final. It explains that the winner will be contacted personally and that their surname and county, along with their winning entry, may be published or made available. It also provides information on how to object to the publication or availability of this information.
The seventh section outlines the process of claiming the prize. It states that the winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the announcement date by personally attending the offices of the promoter. It clarifies that the prize cannot be claimed by a third party on behalf of the winner and that if the winner does not claim the prize within the specified timeframe, the promoter may offer it to the next eligible entrant.
The eighth section includes a limitation of liability clause, stating that the promoter and its agents or distributors will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except in cases of negligence.
The ninth section addresses the ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights. It states that all competition entries and accompanying materials become the property of the promoter and will not be returned. It also explains that by submitting a competition entry, participants assign their intellectual property rights to the promoter and grant the promoter a license to use, display, publish, and sublicense the entry for promotional purposes.
The eleventh and final section includes general provisions. It states that the promoter reserves the right to exclude participants who breach the terms and conditions and to void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition if necessary. It also specifies that these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the jurisdiction state and that the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the jurisdiction state.
In summary, the document provides a detailed and comprehensive set of rules and guidelines for a prize competition, covering various aspects such as eligibility, entry methods, prizes, winner selection, claiming the prize, liability, intellectual property rights, data protection, and general provisions.
1. Enter the competition: Follow the instructions provided in the document to enter the competition. Choose the appropriate method of entry, such as purchasing a product, downloading a form from the website, creating an account online, dialing a number, or sending a text.
2. Check the opening and closing dates: Make sure to submit your entry within the specified timeframe. The competition runs from the opening date to the closing date, and any entries received after the closing date will be disqualified.
3. Confirm your eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in the document. You must be a resident of and based in the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, unless you are an employee of the promoter or its affiliated companies, or a member of their immediate families or households.
4. Understand the prize: Familiarize yourself with the prizes that can be won in the competition. Note that the prizes are subject to availability and that the promoter may substitute the prize with a cash alternative or a prize of equal or greater value.
5. Follow the instructions for claiming the prize: If you are selected as the winner, you will have 30 days from the announcement date to claim the prize. Make sure to personally attend the offices of the promoter within this timeframe. Remember that the prize cannot be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
6. Be aware of the limitation of liability: Understand that the promoter and its agents or distributors will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except in cases of negligence.
7. Protect your intellectual property rights: By submitting a competition entry, you assign your intellectual property rights to the promoter. Be aware that the promoter may use your entry for promotional purposes.
9. Comply with the terms and conditions: Ensure that you comply with all the terms and conditions outlined in the document. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the competition.
10. Seek legal advice if needed: If you have any doubts or concerns about the terms and conditions, consider seeking legal advice before participating in the competition.
11. Stay updated: Keep an eye on the promoter's website for any updates or changes to the competition. It is your responsibility to stay informed about any amendments to the terms and conditions.
Please note that this guidance is a summary and should be used as a reference. It is important to read and understand the complete document for full compliance with the terms and conditions of the competition.