Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The SAAS Agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions between the Company and the Client for the use of the software as a service provided by the Company. The importance of this document lies in its ability to establish a clear understanding between the parties involved, ensuring that both the Company and the Client are aware of their responsibilities and obligations.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the agreement. The first section, titled 'Interpretation', provides definitions for key terms used throughout the document. This ensures that both parties have a common understanding of the terminology used.
The second section, titled 'Responsibilities', outlines the responsibilities of both the Company and the Client. The Company agrees to provide the services to the Customer in a professional and diligent manner, while the Customer is responsible for accessing the services and maintaining its account log-in details.
The third section, titled 'License to Use the Services', grants the Customer a nonexclusive, non-assignable, royalty-free license to access and use the services for its internal business operations. However, it clarifies that the Customer is not granted a license to the software itself.
The fourth section, titled 'Restrictions', sets out the limitations on the Customer's use of the services. The Customer is prohibited from copying the software, reverse engineering it, or using it to store or transmit unlawful material. Any unauthorized use of the services terminates the licenses granted by the Company.
The fifth section, titled 'Payment Terms', specifies the fees to be paid by the Customer to the Company for the services. It also outlines the consequences of late payment and the exclusion of taxes from the fees.
The sixth section, titled 'Intellectual Property', states that the Company owns all rights, title, and interest in the services and the software. The Customer is granted a limited license to use the services, but the Company reserves all intellectual property rights.
The seventh section, titled 'Limitation of Liability', limits the liability of the Company and its affiliates for any loss or damage resulting from the use of the services. It also provides the Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the services.
The eighth section, titled 'Indemnification', requires the Customer to indemnify and hold harmless the Company from any claims or liabilities related to the Customer's use of the services.
The ninth section, titled 'Customer Data', clarifies that the Customer owns and accepts responsibility for any data processed or submitted to the service. The Customer is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws and obtaining necessary consents.
The tenth section, titled 'Liability Disclaimer', disclaims any responsibility for suspension or interruption of the service and states that the Company does not guarantee the stability or uninterrupted operation of the system.
The eleventh section, titled 'Confidential Information', imposes obligations on the Customer to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed by the Company confidential.
The twelfth section, titled 'Term and Termination', specifies the duration of the agreement and the conditions for termination by either party.
The thirteenth section, titled 'Force Majeure', states that neither party shall be liable for delay or failure to perform its obligations under the agreement due to events beyond its reasonable control.
The fourteenth section, titled 'Assignment and Other Dealings', prohibits the assignment or transfer of rights and obligations under the agreement without the prior written consent of the other party.
The fifteenth section, titled 'No Partnership or Agency', clarifies that the agreement does not establish a partnership or agency relationship between the parties.
The sixteenth section, titled 'Waiver', states that no failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under the agreement shall constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
The seventeenth section, titled 'Entire Agreement', confirms that the agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any previous agreements or understandings.
The eighteenth section, titled 'Severance', provides for the modification or deletion of any invalid or unenforceable provision of the agreement.
The nineteenth section, titled 'Notices', specifies the methods of giving notice under the agreement.
The twentieth section, titled 'Counterparts', allows the agreement to be executed in multiple counterparts.
The twenty-first section, titled 'Right of Third Parties', clarifies that third parties have no right to enforce the terms of the agreement.
The twenty-second section, titled 'Arbitration and Proper Law', encourages the parties to resolve any disputes amicably and specifies the jurisdiction for any legal proceedings.
The document also includes a schedule for services and fees, providing details of the service plan, description, period, amount, currency, and any applicable discounts.
Overall, the SAAS Agreement is a comprehensive document that covers all aspects of the relationship between the Company and the Client, ensuring clarity and protection for both parties.
To use the SAAS Agreement, follow these steps:
1. Review the entire agreement: Read through the entire agreement to understand the terms and conditions outlined.
2. Understand the definitions: Familiarize yourself with the definitions provided in the 'Interpretation' section to ensure a common understanding of the terminology used.
3. Determine responsibilities: Identify the responsibilities of both the Company and the Client outlined in the 'Responsibilities' section. Ensure that you understand your obligations and the expectations of the other party.
4. License to use the services: Understand the scope of the license granted to you in the 'License to Use the Services' section. Note that the license is limited to internal business operations and does not include the software itself.
5. Adhere to restrictions: Take note of the restrictions outlined in the 'Restrictions' section. Ensure that you comply with these restrictions to avoid termination of the licenses granted.
6. Payment terms: Familiarize yourself with the payment terms specified in the 'Payment Terms' section. Ensure that you understand the fees, due dates, and consequences of late payment.
7. Intellectual property rights: Understand that the Company owns all intellectual property rights in the services and the software, as stated in the 'Intellectual Property' section.
8. Limitation of liability: Be aware of the limitations of liability outlined in the 'Limitation of Liability' section. Understand your rights and the Company's responsibilities in case of any loss or damage.
9. Indemnification: Take note of the indemnification obligations stated in the 'Indemnification' section. Understand that you are responsible for any claims or liabilities related to your use of the services.
10. Customer data: Understand your ownership and responsibility for any customer data processed or submitted to the service, as outlined in the 'Customer Data' section. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and obtain necessary consents.
11. Liability disclaimer: Be aware of the liability disclaimer in the 'Liability Disclaimer' section. Understand that the Company does not guarantee uninterrupted service and disclaims certain responsibilities.
12. Confidential information: Understand your obligations regarding the confidentiality of the agreement and any disclosed information, as stated in the 'Confidential Information' section.
13. Term and termination: Familiarize yourself with the duration of the agreement and the conditions for termination outlined in the 'Term and Termination' section.
14. Force majeure: Take note of the force majeure provision in the 'Force Majeure' section. Understand that neither party shall be liable for delays or failures due to events beyond their control.
15. Assignment and other dealings: Ensure that you do not assign or transfer any rights or obligations under the agreement without the prior written consent of the other party, as stated in the 'Assignment and Other Dealings' section.
16. Waiver: Understand that no failure or delay in exercising any right or remedy shall constitute a waiver, as stated in the 'Waiver' section.
17. Entire agreement: Recognize that the agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, as stated in the 'Entire Agreement' section.
18. Severance: Note that any invalid or unenforceable provision of the agreement may be modified or deleted, as stated in the 'Severance' section.
19. Notices: Follow the specified methods for giving notice under the agreement, as outlined in the 'Notices' section.
20. Counterparts: Understand that the agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts, as stated in the 'Counterparts' section.
21. Right of third parties: Recognize that third parties have no right to enforce the terms of the agreement, as stated in the 'Right of Third Parties' section.
22. Arbitration and proper law: In case of any disputes, attempt to resolve them amicably and refer to the specified jurisdiction for legal proceedings, as stated in the 'Arbitration and Proper Law' section.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the SAAS Agreement and ensure compliance with its terms and conditions.