A two parts joint venture checklist on the setting up of a joint venture entity. Part 1 is in relation to preparing the joint venture, and Part 2 relates to drafting of the joint venture agreement.
A. Preparing for the Joint Venture
The following are issues to be addressed at the outset of discussions regarding a proposed joint venture.
1. Type of relationship.
2. Initial steps.
3. Structure of the joint venture.
4. Local law issues.
5. Contribution of existing assets.
6. Regulatory matters.
9. Employee issues.
10. Intellectual property.
B. Drafting the Joint Venture Agreement
The remainder of the checklist addresses specific issues to be resolved when drafting the joint venture or shareholders' agreement. It assumes that a limited liability company (joint venture entity) will be used as the joint venture vehicle. Many of the items listed below nevertheless apply, on a similar basis, to other joint venture structures.
11. Conditions precedent.
12. Identity of parties.
13. Business of the joint venture entity.
14. Capital and funding.
15. Constitution of joint venture entity.
16. Board of directors.
17. Shareholder meetings.
18. Matters requiring unanimity or special majority.
19. Administrative or corporate matters.
20. Profit distribution.
21. Intellectual property.
22. Restrictions on shareholders/parents.
23. Change of control of shareholder.
24. Transfer of shares.
25. Ancillary contracts.
28. Standard provisions.
This checklist is a useful reminder of the issues for parties to look out when entering into a joint venture. It also includes the key terms for negotiation in a joint venture agreement. The party should go through the checklist and carefully discuss all the relevant joint venture issues with the other joint venture parties. It is not necessary to circulate the checklist to all joint venture parties unless requested to do so.
1. Create Document: Click “Create Document” button and fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the “Next” button.
2. When you are done, click the “Get Document” button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
joint venture agreement,
joint venture checklist,
joint venture agreement checklist,
DocPro Legal is a team of legal professionals with a passion for making quality documents and legal contract templates widely available to the public through cutting edge technology. Our lawyers are qualified in numerous common law jurisdictions including the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore and Hong Kong. We have experience in major law firms and international banks with expertise in business, commercial, finance, banking, litigation, family, succession and company laws.
Not the right document?
Don’t worry, we have thousands of documents for you to choose from: