Forming an unincorporated joint venture for a project-based service in a specific jurisdiction? Our consortium agreement offers full indemnity between 5 parties, led by a JV leader, for seamless and successful project execution.
Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Joint Venture / Consortium Agreement to Provide Service is a crucial document that outlines the terms and conditions of a joint venture between multiple parties. This agreement is entered into by the JV Leader and the Participants, who have agreed to form a joint venture to provide the required services. The importance of this document lies in its ability to establish a clear understanding between the parties involved and ensure that all obligations and responsibilities are properly defined.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each serving a specific purpose. The interpretation section provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement, ensuring that there is no ambiguity in understanding. The joint venture section establishes the formation of the joint venture and outlines its purpose, which includes preparing and submitting a proposal to the client, providing further information or negotiating with the client, entering into a services agreement, and performing all services related to the project.
The proposal submission section outlines the process of preparing and submitting the proposal to the client. It emphasizes the joint effort required from all participants and the coordination of the JV Leader in managing the preparation and submission. It also highlights the importance of not making any changes or providing additional information without the consent of all participants until the services agreement is effective.
The performance of the work section emphasizes the importance of carrying out the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services agreement and this agreement. It clarifies that each participant is responsible for fulfilling their obligations as prescribed in Schedule 3, subject to any amendments agreed upon by the participants. It also states that any alterations or additions to the services require the consent or instructions of the client.
The language section specifies that the agreement shall be written and interpreted in English. The exclusivity section states that participants should not engage in any activity related to the project outside of the joint venture, ensuring a focused and dedicated approach.
The executive authority section establishes the decision-making process within the joint venture. It outlines the roles and responsibilities of the policy committee, which consists of the representatives of each participant. The committee is responsible for making decisions on policies and resolving any disputes that may arise.
The documents section emphasizes the importance of using the joint venture's name on all documents produced in connection with the project. It also highlights the need for the services manager to sign all documents submitted to the client or made available to third parties, unless they concern the interpretation of the services agreement or alterations to its terms.
The personnel section outlines the requirements for assigning employees to the project and the responsibilities of each participant. It allows participants to invite sub-consultants with the approval of the client and the agreement of the participants.
The assignment and third parties section restricts participants from selling, assigning, or disposing of any rights or interests under the agreement without the consent of the participants. It also clarifies that the agreement does not confer any rights or causes of action upon third parties.
The agreement includes provisions for dispute resolution, notices and service, entire agreement, amendment, and no rights of third parties. It also addresses liability, insurance, and financial administration and accounting.
Overall, this Joint Venture / Consortium Agreement to Provide Service is a comprehensive document that ensures the smooth operation of the joint venture and protects the interests of all participants.
To use the Joint Venture / Consortium Agreement to Provide Service effectively, follow these steps:
1. Familiarize yourself with the entire agreement, paying close attention to the interpretation section for definitions of key terms.
2. Understand the purpose of the joint venture and the obligations of each participant as outlined in the agreement.
3. Coordinate with the JV Leader in preparing and submitting the proposal to the client. Ensure that no changes or additional information are made without the consent of all participants.
4. Perform the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services agreement and this agreement. Fulfill your obligations as prescribed in Schedule 3, and seek consent from the client for any alterations or additions to the services.
5. Use the joint venture's name on all documents produced in connection with the project. Ensure that the services manager signs all relevant documents.
6. Assign a sufficient number of employees to the project and ensure that they fulfill their responsibilities. Seek approval from the client and the agreement of the participants before inviting sub-consultants.
7. Adhere to the restrictions on selling, assigning, or disposing of any rights or interests under the agreement without the consent of the participants.
8. Follow the provisions for dispute resolution, notices and service, entire agreement, amendment, and no rights of third parties.
9. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for legal liabilities arising from the works or services.
10. Establish a financial administration system in accordance with Schedule 2. Keep accurate records and accounts, and ensure compliance with the financial policy and remuneration as outlined in Schedule 4.
By following these steps, you can effectively utilize the Joint Venture / Consortium Agreement to Provide Service and ensure a successful collaboration between all participants.