Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The General Boilerplate Document is a legally binding agreement entered into between Party 1 and Party 2. The document begins with an interpretation section, which defines the meanings of various expressions used throughout the agreement. The schedules and exhibits attached to the agreement are also considered part of the agreement. The duration of the agreement depends on the type of term chosen, which can be a fixed term, continuing term, or renewable term.
The agreement outlines the rights and obligations of the parties. Party 1 and Party 2 are required to keep confidential any information disclosed to them by the other party, except in certain specified circumstances. The agreement also includes a section on guarantee, where a third party (the guarantor) guarantees the performance of Party 2's obligations under the agreement.
The document allows for assignment and sub-contracting, with certain conditions. Party 1 or Party 2 may assign, transfer, or charge their rights and/or obligations under the agreement, or sub-contract the performance of their obligations, provided that certain conditions are met. The agreement also includes provisions on announcements and publicity, termination, costs and expenses, amendment, competition co-operation, severability, filings, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, notices, waivers, remedies cumulative, entire agreement, legal relationship, counterparts, governing law and dispute resolution, no rights under contracts for third parties, and force majeure.
The agreement concludes with signature blocks for Party 1 and Party 2, and if applicable, for the guarantor.
To use the General Boilerplate Document:
1. Review the agreement: Read the entire agreement carefully to understand its terms and conditions.
2. Fill in the necessary information: Enter the names and addresses of Party 1 and Party 2 in the agreement. If applicable, include the name and address of the guarantor.
3. Determine the duration of the agreement: Decide whether the agreement will have a fixed term, continuing term, or renewable term, and enter the relevant dates.
4. Understand rights and obligations: Familiarize yourself with the rights and obligations outlined in the agreement for both parties.
5. Maintain confidentiality: Ensure that any confidential information disclosed by the other party is kept confidential, except in specified circumstances.
6. Consider guarantee provisions: If applicable, understand the guarantee section and the obligations of the guarantor.
7. Assess assignment and sub-contracting options: Determine whether Party 1 or Party 2 will have the right to assign, transfer, or charge their rights and/or obligations, or sub-contract the performance of their obligations, and ensure that the necessary conditions are met.
8. Comply with announcements and publicity requirements: Obtain written approval from the other party before making any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, unless required by law or regulatory bodies.
9. Understand termination provisions: Familiarize yourself with the conditions under which the agreement can be terminated by either party.
10. Consider costs and expenses: Determine whether each party will bear their own costs and expenses, or if one party will indemnify the other in case of breach or termination.
11. Seek legal advice if necessary: If you have any doubts or concerns about the agreement, consult with a legal professional to ensure that you fully understand its implications.
12. Sign the agreement: Once you are satisfied with the terms and conditions, sign the agreement in the presence of witnesses, if required.
Please note that this guidance is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is recommended to consult with a legal professional before entering into any legally binding agreement.