This is a letter of request to a government authority for the withdrawal of court summons filed against you or your company for an inadvertent breach, late filing or failure that are not entirely your fault or have valid reasons for.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Request Letter to Government Authority' is a formal letter written to a government authority requesting the withdrawal of a summons to appear in court. The letter begins with the account holder's personal information, including their first name, last name, address, phone number, and email. It is then addressed to the relevant authority and includes the current date.
The purpose of the letter is to explain the reasons for the failure to take action regarding the summons and to request the authority to withdraw it. The detailed explanation provided in the letter includes the following reasons:
1. Appointment of a certified public accountants firm (CPA firm) as the company secretary and the use of their address as the registered address of the company.
2. Regular inquiries made by the directors with the CPA firm regarding business registration and tax filings, with assurances from the CPA firm that everything was taken care of.
3. Change of the company's registered address, followed by the discovery that the CPA firm had not made any filings with the Inland Revenue Department and the Company Registry. The directors were unaware of this as the CPA firm had withheld the relevant documents.
The letter emphasizes that the company has promptly terminated the services of the CPA firm and paid all the business registration fees in arrears. It also highlights that appropriate penalties have been paid and requests the authority to consider withdrawing the summons.
Overall, the document provides a detailed account of the circumstances leading to the failure to take action on the summons and presents a compelling case for its withdrawal.
Guidance on how to use the 'Request Letter to Government Authority':
1. Fill in personal information: Enter your account's first name, last name, address, phone number, and email in the respective fields at the beginning of the letter.
2. Address the authority: Replace 'authority' with the name of the specific government authority to whom the letter is addressed. Also, replace 'address' with the actual address of the authority.
3. Provide the current date: Replace 'current date' with the current date when the letter is being written.
4. Explain the reasons: In the section titled 'reasons,' provide a detailed explanation for the failure to take action on the summons. Use the example reasons provided as a reference and modify them according to your specific circumstances.
5. Emphasize remedial actions: Highlight any actions taken to rectify the situation, such as terminating the services of the CPA firm and paying the necessary fees and penalties.
6. Request withdrawal of the summons: Respectfully request the authority to consider withdrawing the summons by stating your request clearly and concisely.
7. Sign the letter: End the letter with a closing phrase, such as 'Sincerely yours,' followed by your account's first name and last name.
Please note that this guidance is intended to assist in using the document effectively and does not guarantee the withdrawal of the summons. The actual outcome may depend on the specific circumstances and the discretion of the government authority.