An email or letter of apology regarding defective goods without offering a refund, return or replacement of product. Politely point out that the product may have been misused by customer and the warranty period has expired. Offer a trade-in / repair instead.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Apology Letter - Product Defects / Poor Quality' is an important document that addresses customer complaints regarding product defects or poor quality. It serves as a formal apology from the company to the customer and outlines the steps the company will take to address the issue.
The entire document is structured as an apology letter and begins with the company expressing gratitude for the customer's feedback. It acknowledges that the product has not met the customer's expectations and apologizes for any inconvenience caused. The company assures the customer that they take the issue seriously and have initiated an investigation.
Each section of the document has a specific purpose and provides detailed information. The first section includes the company's contact information and the recipient's details. This ensures that both parties are identified and can easily communicate.
The second section addresses the customer directly and acknowledges their dissatisfaction with the product. It explains that the company has requested a technician or the manufacturer to inspect the malfunctioning product. The section also mentions that the preliminary assessment suggests that the issues may be caused by certain factors, such as misuse or exceeding the product's intended capacity.
The third section discusses the company's response to the customer's request for a replacement product. It explains that since the warranty period has expired, a replacement is not possible. However, the company offers to repair the damaged product or provide a trade-in option for a newer model with larger capacity. This section also invites the customer to contact a technician or a sales representative for further assistance.
In conclusion, the document serves as a formal apology and outlines the company's commitment to addressing the customer's concerns. It provides detailed information about the investigation, possible causes of the product issues, and available solutions for the customer.
1. Express gratitude and acknowledge the customer's feedback.
2. Apologize for the product's failure to meet expectations and any inconvenience caused.
3. Explain that the company has initiated an investigation and requested a technician or the manufacturer to inspect the product.
4. Mention the preliminary assessment, which suggests possible causes of the issues, such as misuse or exceeding the product's intended capacity.
5. Address the customer's request for a replacement product by explaining that the warranty period has expired.
6. Offer to repair the damaged product or provide a trade-in option for a newer model with larger capacity.
7. Invite the customer to contact a technician or a sales representative for further assistance.
8. Conclude the letter by reiterating the company's commitment to addressing the customer's concerns and expressing willingness to provide necessary support.