Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Hire and Purchase Agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions for the hire and purchase of goods between two parties, referred to as the Owner and the Hirer. The document begins with a general introduction, stating the purpose of the agreement and providing a brief overview of the goods being hired. It then proceeds to define key terms and provide a detailed explanation of each section of the agreement.
Section 1: General Terms and Definition
This section establishes the purpose of the agreement, the hire date, the expiry date, and the total rent. It also outlines the payment schedule for the total rent.
Section 2: Ownership and Title
This section clarifies that the Owner has title to the goods and grants the Hirer the right to possess and enjoy the goods during the hire period. It also states that the goods remain the property of the Owner until the option to purchase is exercised.
Section 3: Acceptance and Delivery
This section outlines the responsibilities of the Hirer regarding the delivery and acceptance of the goods. It also addresses the selection of the goods, any price adjustments, and the consequences of the Hirer's failure to examine or take delivery of the goods.
Section 4: Hirer's Option to Purchase
This section grants the Hirer the option to purchase the goods at any time during the term or on the expiry date by paying the outstanding rent and other amounts due to the Owner. It also allows for accelerated payments and specifies that the option to purchase lapses upon termination of the agreement.
Section 5: Deposit and Other Payments
This section addresses the payment dates, adjustments to the total rent, payment methods, and the Owner's right to receive commission. It also emphasizes that the Hirer's obligation to pay the total rent and other amounts is absolute and unaffected by any defects or issues with the goods.
Section 6: Hirer's Undertakings
This section outlines the various obligations of the Hirer, including punctual payment of rent, maintenance of the goods, allowing inspections by the Owner, providing necessary information, notifying the Owner of any difficulties in repayment, and indemnifying the Owner against losses or damages.
Section 7: Loss and Damage of the Goods
This section addresses the responsibilities of the Hirer in the event of loss, theft, confiscation, destruction, or damage to the goods. It outlines the Hirer's obligation to notify the Owner, cooperate in negotiations with insurers or other parties, and indemnify the Owner for any losses.
Section 8: Warranty and Indemnity
This section clarifies that the Owner is not liable for any defects in the goods and excludes any liability for loss, injury, or damage caused by such defects. It also states that the Hirer cannot make claims against the Owner for any such losses.
Section 9: Amendments
This section specifies that any amendments or modifications to the agreement must be made in writing and signed by both parties.
Section 10: Severability
This section states that if any provision of the agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will still be valid.
Section 11: No Rights for Third Parties
This section clarifies that only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
Section 12: Law and Jurisdiction
This section establishes the governing law and jurisdiction for any disputes arising from the agreement.
Overall, the Hire and Purchase Agreement is a comprehensive document that protects the rights and interests of both the Owner and the Hirer throughout the hire and purchase process.
1. Obtain a copy of the Hire and Purchase Agreement.
2. Read the agreement carefully to understand its purpose and the goods being hired.
3. Familiarize yourself with the general terms and definitions outlined in Section 1.
4. Review the ownership and title provisions in Section 2 to understand the rights and responsibilities of both parties.
5. Pay attention to the acceptance and delivery requirements in Section 3, including the selection of goods and any price adjustments.
6. Consider the option to purchase outlined in Section 4 and determine if you wish to exercise this option.
7. Understand the deposit and payment obligations in Section 5, including the payment dates and methods.
8. Take note of your responsibilities as the Hirer outlined in Section 6, such as punctual payment, maintenance of the goods, and allowing inspections.
9. Be aware of the procedures and obligations in the event of loss or damage to the goods as described in Section 7.
10. Understand the warranty and indemnity provisions in Section 8, including the limitations of the Owner's liability.
11. Be aware that any amendments to the agreement must be made in writing and signed by both parties, as stated in Section 9.
12. Keep in mind that only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms, as outlined in Section 11.
13. Finally, be aware of the governing law and jurisdiction specified in Section 12 in case of any disputes.
It is important to consult with legal professionals or seek expert advice if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Hire and Purchase Agreement or its implications for your specific situation.