Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Procurement Policy' is a crucial document for the account job company. It serves two main purposes: streamlining the procurement process and maintaining adequate controls, and ensuring that the company obtains the highest quality of desired goods and services at the best possible price.
The procurement policy consists of several sections, each addressing different aspects of the procurement process. The first section is the general purpose, which provides an overview of the objectives of the procurement policy. It emphasizes the importance of streamlining the procurement process and obtaining high-quality goods and services.
The next section is the procurement policies and principles procedure. This section outlines the principles that should be adhered to in the procurement of materials and services. These principles include fair competition, conflict of interest, cost-effectiveness, transparency, and accountability. Each principle is explained in detail, highlighting its significance in ensuring a fair and efficient procurement process.
The document then proceeds to discuss the types of procurement procedures that should be adopted based on the amounts and nature of the procurement. These procedures include open tendering, restricted or single tendering, and general procurement. Each type of procurement is explained thoroughly, providing guidelines on when and how to use them.
The tendering procedures section provides a detailed overview of the steps to be followed during the tendering process. It covers the preparation of tender documents and quotations, the submission and opening of tenders, and the evaluation of tenders. The section emphasizes the importance of allowing sufficient time for tender submission, maintaining confidentiality, and conducting a fair evaluation process.
The acceptance of tender section explains the process of accepting a tender after the evaluation has been completed. It highlights the need for approval from officers of different ranks and ensures that the successful tenderer is officially notified and invited to enter into a contract with the company.
Finally, the document includes a procedure for handling complaints. It emphasizes the company's commitment to maintaining a fair and open procurement system and provides a mechanism for tenderers to lodge complaints if they believe they have been treated unfairly.
Overall, the 'Procurement Policy' document is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of the procurement process. It provides detailed information on the objectives, principles, types of procurement, tendering procedures, acceptance of tender, and handling of complaints. By following this policy, the account job company can ensure a fair, transparent, and efficient procurement process.
1. Familiarize yourself with the objectives of the procurement policy, which are to streamline the procurement process and obtain high-quality goods and services at the best price possible.
2. Adhere to the principles outlined in the procurement policies and principles procedure. These principles include fair competition, conflict of interest, cost-effectiveness, transparency, and accountability.
3. Determine the type of procurement procedure to be used based on the amounts and nature of the procurement. Options include open tendering, restricted or single tendering, and general procurement.
4. Prepare tender documents and quotations, ensuring that all necessary information is included. This information should cover tender specifications, conditions of contract, required quantity of items and service, assessment criteria, tender closing date and time, contact person, and officer for enquiries.
5. Allow sufficient time for tender submission and ensure that tenders are deposited in the tender box by tenderers in person. Maintain confidentiality by locking the tender box with two individual padlocks.
6. Open tenders in the presence of at least two officers and ensure that each quotation figure is initialed for confirmation.
7. Evaluate tenders based on the required information and documents stipulated in the tender documents. Consider technical aspects, service quality, and price information using a two-envelope system if applicable.
8. Conduct a preliminary evaluation to ensure compliance with stipulated conditions and requirements. Select the most competitive and cost-effective tender based on pre-set assessment criteria.
9. Prepare a tender evaluation report stating recommendations and justifications. Seek approval from officers of different ranks before notifying the successful tenderer.
10. Handle complaints in a fair and open manner, allowing tenderers to lodge complaints if they believe they have been treated unfairly.
11. Follow the approval and authorization process before inviting suppliers to submit quotations and selecting suppliers for seeking quotations.
By following these steps, the account job company can effectively use the 'Procurement Policy' document to ensure a fair and efficient procurement process.