Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Distribution Agreement (with Sub-Distribution Rights) is a legal document that establishes a contractual relationship between two parties: the company and the distributor. The document outlines the terms and conditions under which the distributor is appointed as the exclusive distributor of the company's products in a specific territory.
The importance of this document lies in its ability to clearly define the rights and responsibilities of both parties, ensuring a smooth and mutually beneficial business relationship. By entering into this agreement, the company can expand its sales to new territories, while the distributor gains the exclusive rights to distribute the company's products in the specified territory.
The document consists of several sections, each serving a specific purpose. The interpretation section provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement, ensuring clarity and understanding. The appointment and term section outlines the duration of the agreement and the exclusivity of the distributor's rights.
The purchase of products section specifies that the distributor must buy its entire requirements for products from the company at the distributor list price. It also establishes the distributor's obligation to maintain sufficient stock of products to meet customer demand.
The sale of products section outlines the distributor's duties, including the promotion and sale of the products within the territory. It also prohibits the distributor from engaging in activities that compete with the company's products.
Both the distributor and the company have general duties outlined in the agreement. The distributor is responsible for providing after-sales service, complying with the company's instructions, and conducting business ethically. The company, on the other hand, is obligated to provide technical assistance, training, and marketing materials to support the distributor's efforts.
The agreement also addresses confidentiality, intellectual property rights, liability, termination, force majeure, and other general provisions. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining confidentiality regarding the company's proprietary information and grants the distributor a non-exclusive license to use the company's intellectual property.
In the event of termination, the agreement specifies the actions to be taken by both parties, including the repurchase of unsold products by the company and the cancellation of unfulfilled orders.
Overall, this Distribution Agreement (with Sub-Distribution Rights) is a crucial document for establishing a successful distribution relationship between the company and the distributor. It provides a clear framework for conducting business and ensures that both parties understand their rights and obligations.
1. Review the entire Distribution Agreement (with Sub-Distribution Rights) to familiarize yourself with its contents and purpose.
2. Identify the specific territory for which you are being appointed as the exclusive distributor.
3. Understand the definitions and interpretations provided in the agreement to ensure clarity in its application.
4. Take note of the duration of the agreement and the conditions for its renewal or termination.
5. Ensure that you are aware of the minimum purchase requirements and sales targets specified in the agreement.
6. Familiarize yourself with the products listed in Schedule 1 and their specifications.
7. Comply with the pricing and payment terms outlined in the agreement when purchasing products from the company.
8. Adhere to the obligations and restrictions regarding the sale and distribution of the products within the specified territory.
9. Provide prompt and efficient after-sales service to customers, addressing any complaints or disputes promptly.
10. Seek the company's approval before issuing any advertisements or publicity materials for the products.
11. Maintain the confidentiality of any proprietary information provided by the company.
12. Use the company's intellectual property rights solely for the purpose of distributing the products.
13. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the territory.
14. Keep the company informed of any improvements or new products that may be suitable for marketing in the territory.
15. In the event of termination, follow the procedures outlined in the agreement, including the repurchase of unsold products.
16. Seek legal advice if you have any questions or concerns regarding the agreement or its implementation.