This document can be used as a personal statement / PS for the applicant to get into a top university's law school. It demonstrates the applicant's interest in studying law and his/her previous experience in the IB degree and law firm. It also expresses gratitude if the applicant gets accepted and the admiration of the reputation and prestige of the university.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Personal Statement to a Top University for Law' is a personal statement written by an individual who is interested in studying law at a university. The document begins by highlighting the importance of studying law, stating that it is not just a profession but a broad field of intellectual inquiry. The author expresses their interest in the field and explains that their view of law has constantly evolved as they have learned more about it.
The document then goes on to discuss the concept of natural law and its impact on the author. They raise thought-provoking questions about the role of morality in law and the relationship between law and subjective factors such as culture and religion. These questions have sparked a persistent curiosity in the author, driving them to explore the subject further.
The author shares their experience of working at an international law firm, where they gained insights into the practical aspect of law. They observed solicitors in action and learned about the regulations and obligations involved in legal practice. While the internship provided valuable exposure, the author acknowledges that there is much more to learn about a career in law.
The document also highlights the author's academic background and how it has prepared them for the study of law. They mention their logical way of thinking, developed through subjects like university, which has equipped them with skills in deduction, analysis, and argumentation. The author emphasizes their ability to extract information from ambiguous sources, analyze texts, and make logical predictions.
Furthermore, the author's extracurricular activities demonstrate their initiative and self-discipline. They mention their role as a founding member of a group, where they took on responsibilities to keep the group organized and focused, showcasing their leadership abilities.
In conclusion, the author expresses their motivation, discipline, and passion for studying law. They believe that they are well-suited to face the challenges and academic rigor of studying law at the university. The author is particularly excited about the university's legal heritage and the opportunity to walk the same halls as notable legal philosophers. The document provides a detailed account of the author's interest in law, their experiences, and their qualifications for pursuing a law degree.
To effectively use the 'Personal Statement to a Top University for Law' document, follow these steps:
1. Understand the importance of studying law: Recognize that law is not just a profession but a broad field of intellectual inquiry that combines philosophy with practical application.
2. Reflect on personal reasons for pursuing law: Consider your own motivations and reasons for being interested in the field, as the author does in the document.
3. Explore the concept of natural law: Delve into the idea of the role of morality in law and how it can be influenced by subjective factors such as culture and religion.
4. Gain practical exposure to law: Seek opportunities to work or intern at law firms to gain insights into the practical aspects of the field, including regulations, obligations, and case building.
5. Develop logical thinking skills: Hone your ability to think logically, deduce information, analyze texts, and make predictions, as these skills are essential for studying law.
6. Engage in extracurricular activities: Take on leadership roles and demonstrate initiative and self-discipline through extracurricular involvement, showcasing your abilities beyond academics.
7. Embrace the challenges of studying law: Recognize that pursuing a law degree requires motivation, discipline, and a passion for the subject.
8. Appreciate the university's legal heritage: Understand the significance of studying law at a university with a strong legal tradition and the opportunity to be part of a collegiate atmosphere.
By following these steps, you can make the most of the 'Personal Statement to a Top University for Law' document and use it as a guide to navigate your own journey in the field of law.