This Letter of Resignation / notice to quit is addressed to an employer by the employee who intends to leave. He/she is quitting due to personal reasons or a desire to pursue other interests, giving the employer the relevant notice period (two weeks notice in the US).
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Resignation Letter to Employer' is a formal letter that an employee writes to their employer to inform them of their decision to resign from their position. This document is of great importance as it serves as a professional and respectful way to communicate the employee's intention to leave the company.
The entire document consists of several sections that provide essential information and convey the employee's gratitude towards the employer. The first section includes the employee's personal details such as their first name, last name, address, phone number, and email address. This information helps in identifying the employee and establishing contact.
The second section is addressed to the employer and begins with a salutation, followed by a clear statement of resignation. The employee states the effective date of their resignation and requests the employer to accept the email or letter as formal notice. This section also expresses the employee's gratitude for the opportunity to work in the position and mentions the rewarding experience gained during their tenure.
The third section explains the reasons behind the employee's decision to resign. It mentions long-term goals such as starting a business, applying for graduate school, moving overseas, or personal reasons like extended treatment and recovery. This section emphasizes that the decision was not taken lightly and is a step towards achieving the employee's aspirations.
The fourth section expresses further gratitude towards the employer for their support and assistance throughout the employee's time with the company. The employee provides their contact information, including phone number and personal email, and offers to help with the transition of work if needed.
The final section concludes the letter with a sincere farewell and well wishes for the employer and the company's future endeavors. The employee signs off with their first name and last name.
Each section of the document serves a specific purpose and contributes to the overall message of resignation and appreciation. The detailed description highlights the importance of each section and provides a comprehensive understanding of the document.
1. Begin by entering your personal information, including your first name, last name, address, phone number, and email address.
2. Address the letter to your employer, using a proper salutation.
3. Clearly state your intention to resign from your position, specifying the effective date of your resignation.
4. Express gratitude towards your employer for the opportunity to work in the position and mention any rewarding experiences gained during your tenure.
5. Explain the reasons behind your decision to resign, such as long-term goals, personal reasons, or career aspirations.
6. Thank your employer for their support and assistance throughout your time with the company.
7. Provide your contact information, including your phone number and personal email, and offer to help with the transition of work if needed.
8. Conclude the letter with a sincere farewell and well wishes for the employer and the company's future endeavors.
9. Sign off with your first name and last name.
10. Make sure to proofread the letter for any errors or typos before sending it to your employer.