A complaint letter to the chief of police of misconduct involving a police officer. If you are directly affected by the conduct of a member of the police force, or any practice or procedure adopted by the police force, and feel aggrieved about it, you have the right to make a complaint. You can lodge your complaint to the report room of any police station or to a specific police complaint unit in your jurisdiction.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Complaint Letter against Police' is a formal complaint letter addressing police misconduct. The letter is addressed to the chief of the police station and provides a detailed account of the incident or incidents that led to the complaint. The letter begins with the account holder's address followed by the recipient's address and the current date.
The letter starts with a salutation addressing the recipient as 'Dear Sir/Madam' and then proceeds to state that it is a formal complaint regarding the conduct of members of the jurisdiction state police force. The complainant then provides specific details about the incident, including the date and facts surrounding it.
The letter goes on to describe the nature of the complaint and the steps taken by the complainant to address the issue. It emphasizes that the complaint is made on the basis that the police officers engaged in police misconduct under the law. The complainant requests that the complaint be subject to an evidence-based investigation.
In the closing paragraph, the complainant expresses gratitude for the recipient's attention to the matter and urges them to take urgent action to ensure that this type of misconduct never happens again. The complainant also offers to provide further information if required and signs off the letter with 'Yours sincerely' followed by their account first name and account last name.
1. Enter the account holder's address in a single line at the beginning of the letter.
2. Address the letter to the chief of the police station, including their name and address.
3. Include the current date below the recipient's address.
4. Start the letter with a salutation, addressing the recipient as 'Dear Sir/Madam'.
5. Clearly state that the letter is a formal complaint regarding police misconduct by members of the jurisdiction state police force.
6. Provide a detailed account of the incident, including the date and facts surrounding it.
7. Describe the nature of the complaint and the steps taken by the complainant to address the issue.
8. Emphasize that the complaint is based on the allegation of police misconduct under the law.
9. Request that the complaint be subject to an evidence-based investigation.
10. Express gratitude for the recipient's attention to the matter and urge them to take urgent action to prevent future misconduct.
11. Offer to provide further information if required.
12. Sign off the letter with 'Yours sincerely' followed by the account holder's first name and last name.