Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Notice of General Meeting' is an important document that serves as a formal notice to the shareholders of a company regarding an upcoming general meeting. The purpose of this document is to inform the shareholders about the meeting date, time, and location, as well as the agenda and resolutions that will be discussed and voted upon during the meeting.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each serving a specific purpose. The first section is the heading, which includes the title of the document and the company's account job and registration number. This information helps in identifying the company and ensuring that the notice is being sent to the correct recipients.
The second section is the introduction, which states that a general meeting of the company will be held and provides the date, time, and place of the meeting. This introduction sets the tone for the document and highlights the importance of the upcoming meeting.
The third section consists of the agenda items that will be discussed and voted upon during the meeting. These agenda items include receiving the audited accounts of the company, declaring a final dividend, re-appointing a director, and re-appointing an auditor. Each agenda item is listed as an ordinary resolution, indicating that it requires a simple majority vote to be passed.
The fourth section is optional and includes any additional ordinary or special resolutions that may be relevant to the meeting. These resolutions are presented in a conditional format, depending on whether there are any ordinary or special resolutions to be included.
The fifth section, if applicable, is the explanatory statement. This statement provides further information and details about the resolutions and their implications. It is included with the notice of general meeting to provide shareholders with a comprehensive understanding of the matters to be discussed.
The sixth section, if applicable, is the consent to short notice. This section requests each member to consider and execute the annexed consent if they approve of the short notice. This is relevant when the meeting is being called on short notice, and the company seeks the members' consent to proceed with the meeting.
The document concludes with the signature of the company secretary and the date of the notice. The secretary's signature signifies the authenticity and official nature of the document, while the date ensures that the notice is timely and compliant with any legal requirements.
In summary, the 'Notice of General Meeting' is a crucial document that serves as a formal communication tool to inform shareholders about an upcoming general meeting. It provides detailed information about the meeting, including the agenda items, resolutions, and any additional statements or consents required.
To effectively use the 'Notice of General Meeting' document, follow these steps:
1. Review the document: Read the entire notice carefully to understand the purpose, date, time, and location of the general meeting. Take note of the agenda items and resolutions that will be discussed.
2. Prepare for the meeting: If you are a shareholder, mark the meeting date and time in your calendar and ensure that you can attend. If you are unable to attend, consider appointing a proxy to represent you.
3. Understand the agenda items: Familiarize yourself with the agenda items listed in the notice. Review the audited accounts, directors' report, and auditors' report to gain insights into the company's financial performance.
4. Consider the resolutions: Evaluate each resolution and its implications for the company. If you have any questions or concerns, seek clarification from the company's management or directors before the meeting.
5. Participate in the voting process: Attend the general meeting and actively participate in the voting process. Cast your vote for or against each resolution based on your assessment and understanding of the matters at hand.
6. Follow any additional instructions: Pay attention to any additional instructions or statements included in the notice. If there is an explanatory statement, read it thoroughly to gain a comprehensive understanding of the resolutions and their impact.
7. Provide consent if required: If the notice includes a consent to short notice, carefully consider the annexed consent and execute it if you approve of the short notice. This step is only applicable if the meeting is being called on short notice.
8. Keep a copy for reference: Retain a copy of the notice for future reference. It serves as a record of the meeting and the resolutions passed.
By following these steps, you can effectively utilize the 'Notice of General Meeting' document and actively participate in the decision-making process of the company.