Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Internship Agreement is a document that outlines the terms and conditions of an internship between a company and an intern. It is an important document as it establishes the rights and responsibilities of both parties involved in the internship.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the internship. The first section of the document provides a detailed introduction, stating the date of the agreement and the names and addresses of the company and the intern. This section also mentions the valuable consideration exchanged between the parties.
The second section of the document focuses on the duties and job description of the intern. It states that the intern will undertake all necessary duties as generally performed by individuals in a similar capacity. The intern will report directly to a designated supervisor and may be required to perform additional duties as assigned. The section also mentions the full-time or part-time nature of the position and the jurisdiction in which the work will be based.
The third section of the document deals with the period of employment. It specifies the start and end dates of the internship, as well as the normal working hours. It also mentions the entitlement to annual leave and the calculation of leave based on the number of months worked.
The fourth section of the document discusses the remuneration of the intern. It states the monthly salary and mentions the deduction for the mandatory provident fund. It also mentions the company's compliance with relevant laws and regulations regarding workers' compensation and insurance. The intern is responsible for their own personal taxes.
The fifth section of the document explains the nature of the internship. It clarifies that the internship is related to an educational purpose and does not guarantee future employment with the company. It mentions that the intern will receive supervision and education for their benefit. The intern assumes all risks associated with the internship and waives any claims against the company for injuries or damages.
The sixth section of the document covers discipline. It states that the intern must abide by all rules and regulations of the company and maintain a professional attitude. It also mentions restrictions on engaging in other business activities without prior approval from the company.
The seventh section of the document addresses termination. It lists various reasons for termination, including breach of the agreement, criminal conviction, bankruptcy of the company, and gross misconduct. It also mentions the intern's obligation to assist the company in cases of litigation.
The eighth section of the document discusses disputes. It states that any disputes related to the agreement will be settled through voluntary mediation and, if necessary, through the Hong Kong courts.
The ninth section of the document states that the agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the company and the intern. It also mentions the confidentiality obligations of the intern regarding the company's confidential information.
The tenth section of the document deals with intellectual property. It states that any intellectual property created by the intern during the employment belongs to the company. The intern agrees to promptly furnish the company with a record of any intellectual property and to sign any necessary documents.
The eleventh section of the document addresses non-solicitation. It prohibits the intern from soliciting or approaching the company's customers, clients, manufacturers, or suppliers for a certain period after the termination of the agreement.
The twelfth section of the document states that no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance are granted to any person who is not a party to the agreement.
The thirteenth section of the document contains the signature blocks for both the company and the intern, along with a statement from the intern acknowledging their acceptance of the terms and conditions of the agreement.
Overall, the Internship Agreement is a comprehensive document that covers all aspects of the internship, including duties, period of employment, remuneration, discipline, termination, disputes, confidentiality, intellectual property, and non-solicitation.
1. Review the entire Internship Agreement to familiarize yourself with its contents and understand the importance of each section.
2. Ensure that all necessary information, such as the names and addresses of the company and the intern, is accurately entered in the agreement.
3. Clearly define the duties and job description of the intern, including any additional duties that may be assigned.
4. Specify the start and end dates of the internship, as well as the normal working hours.
5. Calculate the intern's entitlement to annual leave based on the number of months worked.
6. Determine the monthly salary and deduct the employee's contribution to the mandatory provident fund.
7. Comply with relevant laws and regulations regarding workers' compensation and insurance.
8. Clarify that the internship is for educational purposes and does not guarantee future employment.
9. Provide supervision and education to the intern for their benefit.
10. Ensure that the intern understands and accepts the risks associated with the internship.
11. Establish rules and regulations for the intern to abide by, including professionalism and compliance with instructions.
12. Prohibit the intern from engaging in other business activities without prior approval.
13. Specify the grounds for termination and the intern's obligation to assist the company in litigation.
14. Encourage voluntary mediation in case of disputes and specify the jurisdiction for legal proceedings.
15. Emphasize the confidentiality obligations of the intern regarding the company's confidential information.
16. Clarify the ownership of intellectual property created during the internship and obtain necessary records and signatures.
17. Prohibit the intern from soliciting or approaching the company's customers, clients, manufacturers, or suppliers after the termination of the agreement.
18. Ensure that the agreement is signed by both the company and the intern, with the intern acknowledging their acceptance of the terms and conditions.
19. Keep a copy of the Internship Agreement for reference and future legal purposes.