Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document is a record of the discussions and decisions made during a meeting of the company's directors. It serves as an important legal document that provides evidence of the proceedings and actions taken by the board. The document begins with the title 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' followed by the company's account job and company registration number. The date, time, and place of the meeting are also mentioned.
The document includes a list of attendees, including the chairperson, directors, secretary, and any other individuals present. Apologies, if any, are also mentioned. The chairperson notes that due notice of the meeting has been given to all directors in accordance with the company's memorandum and articles of association. It is stated that a quorum was present, ensuring that the meeting was valid.
If technology was used to conduct the meeting, it is mentioned that all directors had consented to it and none had withdrawn consent within a reasonable period before the meeting. If any directors had declared any interests related to the agenda items, their names and interests are recorded. It is stated that directors with a material personal interest in an agenda item complied with the company's rules and did not participate in the discussion or vote on the resolution.
The purpose of the meeting is then described, which is to consider whether the written resolutions proposed for a transaction have been duly passed. The document mentions that a form of written resolution, effective according to the company's constitution, was presented to the meeting. The resolutions passed are categorized as ordinary resolutions or special resolutions, if applicable.
It is resolved that the company secretary will arrange for the forwarding of a print of the resolutions to the registrar of companies and revise the relevant companies house documentations. Finally, the chairman declares the meeting closed, and the document provides spaces for the signatures of the chairperson and directors, indicating that the minutes are a correct record of the meeting.
To use the 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document effectively, follow these steps:
1. Review the document: Familiarize yourself with the content and structure of the document. Understand its purpose as a record of the meeting and the decisions made.
2. Customize the document: Replace the placeholders in the document with the actual information relevant to your company, such as the company's account job, company registration number, date, time, and place of the meeting.
3. List attendees: Update the list of attendees to include the names and capacities of the chairperson, directors, secretary, and any other individuals present. If any directors are absent, include their names under the 'Apologies' section.
4. Notice and quorum: Ensure that proper notice of the meeting has been given to all directors, as required by the company's memorandum and articles of association. Verify that a quorum, the minimum number of directors required for a valid meeting, is present.
5. Use of technology (if applicable): If the meeting was conducted using technology, confirm that all directors consented to it and that no one withdrew consent within a reasonable period before the meeting.
6. Directors' interests (if applicable): If any directors declared interests related to the agenda items, follow the company's rules for handling such situations. Ensure that directors with a material personal interest in an agenda item did not participate in the discussion or vote on the resolution.
7. Purpose of the meeting: Clearly communicate the purpose of the meeting to all attendees. Discuss and consider the written resolutions proposed for a transaction.
8. Written resolutions: If there are written resolutions, ensure that they comply with the company's constitution. Determine whether the resolutions have been duly passed by the requisite majority of members.
9. Filing of resolutions: Instruct the company secretary to arrange for the forwarding of a print of the resolutions to the registrar of companies. Revise any relevant companies house documentations as necessary.
10. Closing the meeting: Once all agenda items have been addressed, declare the meeting closed. Ensure that the chairperson's signature and the signatures of the directors are obtained to confirm that the minutes are a correct record of the meeting.