Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document is a record of the discussions and decisions made during a meeting of the board of directors of a company. It is an important document as it serves as evidence of the board's actions and decisions, and it provides a historical record that can be referred to in the future.
The document begins with the title 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' at the top, followed by the company's account job and company registration number. The date, time, and place of the meeting are also mentioned.
The attendees of the meeting are listed, including the chairperson, directors, secretary, and other attendees. Any apologies for absence are also noted.
The chairperson notes that due notice of the meeting has been given to all directors, in accordance with the company's memorandum and articles of association. It is also mentioned that a quorum was present, ensuring that the meeting was valid.
If technology was used to hold the meeting, it is mentioned that all directors had consented to it and none had withdrawn their consent within a reasonable period before the meeting. This ensures that the use of technology is in compliance with the company's rules.
If any directors have declared their interests in any matters discussed during the meeting, it is noted in this section. The director(s) who have a material personal interest in a particular matter are required to comply with the company's rules and are not present during the discussion or voting on that matter.
The main business of the meeting is then described in numbered sections. In this document, there are two sections:
1. Appointment of Secretary: The chairperson tables the necessary documents, including a completed form to the company registry and a signed letter of acceptance from the appointed director. It is resolved to appoint the director as the secretary of the company.
2. Closing of Meeting: With no further business to discuss, the chairperson declares the meeting closed.
The document ends with spaces for the signatures of the chairperson and directors, along with their names and the date of the meeting.
Overall, the 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document is a comprehensive record of a board meeting, including details of attendees, compliance with rules, and the resolutions passed during the meeting.
Guidance for using the 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document:
1. Ensure proper notice: Make sure that all directors receive proper notice of the meeting, as required by the company's memorandum and articles of association. This ensures that the meeting is valid and in compliance with the company's rules.
2. Establish a quorum: Ensure that a quorum of directors is present at the meeting. A quorum is the minimum number of directors required for the meeting to be valid. This ensures that decisions made during the meeting are legally binding.
3. Obtain consent for using technology (if applicable): If the meeting is to be held using technology, such as video conferencing, ensure that all directors consent to it. No director should withdraw their consent within a reasonable period before the meeting. This ensures that the use of technology is in compliance with the company's rules.
4. Declare interests (if applicable): If any director has a material personal interest in a matter to be discussed during the meeting, they should declare it. The director should comply with the company's rules regarding declaring interests, including not being present during the discussion or voting on that matter.
5. Document the resolutions: Clearly document the resolutions passed during the meeting, including any appointments or decisions made. This ensures that there is a record of the board's actions and decisions.
6. Obtain signatures: After the meeting, ensure that the chairperson and directors sign the document as a correct record. This provides further evidence of the board's agreement with the minutes.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the 'Board Minutes of Meeting of Directors' document to record and document the proceedings of a board meeting.