Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Health and Safety Policy' is of utmost importance for the company as it recognizes the employees as its most valuable asset and acknowledges their health and safety as vital. The document aims to create a healthy and safe working environment that is risk-free and free from workplace injuries. It sets out policies and procedures implemented by the company to achieve this objective.
The document begins with a general purpose section that highlights the commitment of the company to provide a healthy and safe working environment. It emphasizes the reduction of potential hazards and risks for employees. The policy applies to all levels of employees, including those under fixed-term, permanent, part-time, intern, and casual contracts.
The document then outlines various arrangements and procedures related to health and safety. It emphasizes the importance of health and safety training for all employees. The training sessions are planned and designed in the same manner as other compulsory modules. The content of the training module focuses on ensuring employees have sufficient knowledge about safety facilities, relevant safety labor laws, their roles and responsibilities, and potential risks and hazards in the workplace.
The document also addresses the provision of safety equipment and protective gear for employees in specific roles and under specific requirements. It highlights the importance of using safety equipment correctly and reporting any malfunctions or defects promptly. The company conducts quality control and monthly checks on the equipment to ensure its good quality.
Fire safety is another important aspect covered in the document. It mentions the placement of fire extinguishers and fire alarms on each floor of the company's premises. Regular fire drills and clear procedures are emphasized. Smoking and lighting up fire are strictly prohibited on the company premises. In case of a fire, employees are instructed to sound the nearest fire alarm, evacuate to the assembly point, and close doors and windows when leaving the premises.
The document also addresses accident reporting, first aid, and work-related ill health. It advises employees to report any injuries or illnesses to their immediate supervisor and the human resources department. First aid boxes with relevant tools are placed on every floor, and certified first aiders are available in the office premises.
Hygiene measures are highlighted in the document, including wearing masks, sanitizing hands, and cleaning lift buttons regularly. Handling food is discouraged, but if necessary, employees should follow proper hygiene practices. The document also mentions the formation of a health and safety committee responsible for conducting annual inspections, risk assessments, and keeping the policy reviewed and updated.
Accident reporting procedures are outlined, emphasizing the importance of reporting injuries and incidents to superiors and submitting detailed reports to the human resources department. The company reviews the reports to reflect on existing policies and safety measures.
The document also addresses policy violations and the company's commitment to thoroughly investigate all allegations of breach confidentially and fairly. Employees are encouraged to raise allegations in good faith, and there will be no reprisals against them. However, making allegations in bad faith may be classified as misconduct. Breaches of the policy can lead to disciplinary actions, including dismissal, depending on the severity of the breach.
The document concludes with information on contacting the human resources representative for further guidance and the revision and explanation of the policy. It states that the policy may be revised or modified by the corporate HR department based on business demands.
1. Conduct health and safety training:
- Ensure all employees have sufficient knowledge about safety facilities, relevant safety labor laws, their roles and responsibilities, and potential risks and hazards in the workplace.
2. Provide safety equipment and protective gear:
- Provide safety equipment such as goggles, gloves, and helmets to employees in specific roles and under specific requirements.
- Ensure employees use the safety equipment correctly and report any malfunctions or defects promptly.
3. Implement fire safety measures:
- Place fire extinguishers and fire alarms on each floor of the premises.
- Conduct regular fire drills and ensure employees are familiar with fire escape routes and procedures.
4. Establish accident reporting and first aid procedures:
- Instruct employees to report injuries or illnesses to their immediate supervisor and the human resources department.
- Ensure first aid boxes are available on every floor and refill/replace tools as needed.
5. Promote hygiene practices:
- Advise employees to wear masks, sanitize hands, and avoid handling food as much as possible.
- Provide hand sanitizers on each floor and clean lift buttons regularly.
6. Form a health and safety committee:
- Conduct annual inspections and risk assessments.
- Keep the policy reviewed and updated.
7. Report accidents and incidents:
- Instruct employees to report all injuries and incidents to their immediate supervisor and the human resources department.
- Call an ambulance if necessary.
8. Address policy violations:
- Thoroughly investigate all allegations of breach confidentially and fairly.
- Encourage employees to raise allegations in good faith without fear of reprisals.
- Classify breaches as misconduct if made in bad faith.
9. Follow disciplinary actions:
- Disciplinary actions, including dismissal, may be taken for severe breaches.
- The severity of the breach will be determined by the company's senior management.
10. Contact human resources representative for guidance:
- If employees have any questions or need further guidance, they should contact their human resources representative.
11. Stay updated with policy revisions:
- The policy may be revised or modified by the corporate HR department.
- Employees should refer to the latest version of the policy for accurate information.