Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to Work Policy allows employees of [ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY] to use their personal electronic devices like smartphones, laptops, and tablets for work-related tasks. While this leads to increased flexibility in working, it also increases the risk to IT resources, confidential information, and the company's reputation. Therefore, the policy outlines the scope, purpose, and responsibilities of staff to protect the company's systems and data. The policy applies to all employees, contractors, interns, part-time workers, agency workers, and officers of the company.
The policy mandates that a person can only use an approved personal electronic device for work-related duties. Employees are not obligated to use their devices for work, and using a personal electronic device is at each person's discretion. The policy covers the use of all devices to access the company's IT resources and communication systems, which may contain confidential, proprietary, or private data.
The policy intends to protect the company's systems and data from risks such as malware, viruses, worms, and trojans that could gain access through a personal electronic device. Another risk is the loss or theft of the device, which could lead to unauthorized access to the company's systems and data. To prevent such risks, the policy outlines when and how the company can monitor the use of personal electronic devices and access and use the data stored in them. The repercussions for breaching the policy include disciplinary action and revocation of access to the company's systems.
The policy outlines the responsibilities of the responsible persons, which include the successful implementation and operation of the policy, reviewing the policy periodically, providing training to staff, and reporting any misuse of personal electronic devices. The policy supplements other policies and procedures of the company and should be read in conjunction with them.
Before connecting a personal electronic device to the company's systems, the device must be registered, approved, and configured by the responsible person, who also manages the connectivity of all devices. The policy mandates that all employees must implement the security measures required by the responsible person before using their devices for work.
In summary, the BYOD to Work Policy of [ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY] allows the use of personal electronic devices for work-related tasks, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. The policy intends to protect the company's systems and data from risks associated with the use of personal electronic devices and outlines the responsibilities of staff and the responsible person to ensure the efficacious operation of the policy.
1. Understand the policy: Read and understand the Bring Your Own Device to Work Policy document before using your personal electronic devices for work purposes at ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY.
2. Acknowledge the policy: If you choose to use your personal electronic device for work, you must sign the declaration at the end of this policy and adhere to its terms.
3. Know your responsibilities: As an employee, contractor, intern, part-time worker, agency worker or officer, you are responsible for the successful operation of this policy.
4. Report any misuse: If you become aware of any misuse of a personal electronic device in breach of this policy, you should report it to [QUESTIONS_REPORT_FOR_BREACH].
5. Contact for questions: If you have any questions about this policy, or about using a personal electronic device for purposes not addressed in this policy, direct your inquiries to QUESTIONS_REPORT_FOR_BREACH.
6. Scope and purpose: This policy applies to members of staff who use personal electronic devices to fulfill their work-related responsibilities at [ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY]. It applies to the use of any and all devices, including but not limited to mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
7. Risks and security measures: Using personal electronic devices for work purposes exposes [ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY] to a multitude of risks, including malware and the loss or theft of devices. This policy intends to protect the company's systems and data by clearly outlining security measures and repercussions for policy breaches.
8. Device registration: Before connecting your personal electronic device to ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY's systems, you must register it with CONNECTIVITY, present it for inspection, approval, and configuration, and implement any security measures required by CONNECTIVITY.
9. Approval process: CONNECTIVITY manages the connectivity of all personal electronic devices to ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY's systems. They reserve the right to refuse or withdraw permission for any personal electronic device to connect to the company's systems.
10. Non-compatibility: ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY is under no obligation to amend its systems or cater to members of staff using personal electronic devices that are not compatible with the company's systems.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you are using personal electronic devices for work purposes in compliance with [ACCOUNT_JOB_COMPANY]'s Bring Your Own Device to Work Policy.