Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The 'Leave Policy' document is an important policy that outlines the rules and procedures for employees to take time off from work to pursue research and academic activities. The document begins with a clear purpose and scope, stating that the policy applies to all full-time employees of the company. It then explains the eligibility and entitlement criteria for study leave, including the requirement of completing a certain number of months of continuous employment and the approval of the employee's immediate supervisor. The document also addresses whether the study leave is paid or unpaid, and clarifies that the leave period can be used continuously or intermittently.
The benefits of the policy are highlighted, stating that employees will continue to accrue the same benefits, such as sick and vacation leave, during the study leave period. The procedure for applying for study leave is outlined, including the requirement of submitting a written notice at least 5 weeks prior to the requested start date. The notice must include details of the course or qualification being pursued and the duration of the study leave.
The responsibility of managing study leave requests lies with the immediate supervisors and the HR department. They are required to consider factors such as the reasons for seeking study leave, the duration of the leave, the impact on the business, the employee's performance, the number of employees on study leave during the same period, and the relevance of the course/qualification to the employee's development in the company. The document also mentions that employees may use accrued paid time off, vacation, and sick leave to supplement the study leave period, subject to approval.
Misuse of study leave is addressed, stating that disciplinary action, including termination of employment, may be taken if the leave is used for purposes other than those specified in the policy. It is also mentioned that upon termination of employment, employees will not be entitled to any payments for unused study leave.
The document concludes with contact details for further guidance and clarifies that the policy is subject to amendments by the company's HR department.
To use the 'Leave Policy' document effectively, follow these steps:
1. Determine eligibility: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for study leave, which include completing a certain number of months of continuous employment.
2. Obtain supervisor approval: Discuss your intention to take study leave with your immediate supervisor and seek their approval.
3. Submit written notice: Prepare a written notice at least 5 weeks prior to the requested start date for study leave. Include details of the course or qualification you will be pursuing and the duration of the study leave.
4. Gather supporting documents: Collect any necessary admission documents, tuition fee receipts, or other documents required by the company to grant study leave.
5. Submit the notice and documents: Submit the written notice and supporting documents to your immediate supervisor and the HR department.
6. Await decision: Wait for the decision on your study leave request, which will be based on factors such as the reasons for seeking leave, the duration, the impact on the business, your performance, the number of employees on study leave, and the relevance of the course/qualification to your development in the company.
7. Supplement with accrued leave: If approved, you may use any accrued paid time off, vacation, and sick leave to supplement the study leave period, subject to approval from your immediate supervisor.
8. Proper use of study leave: Ensure that you use the study leave only for the purposes specified in the policy to avoid disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
9. Termination of employment: Note that upon termination, you will not be entitled to any payments for unused study leave.
10. Contact HR for guidance: If you have any questions or need further guidance, reach out to your human resource representative at the provided email address.
11. Stay updated: Keep yourself informed about any amendments to the policy, as the company reserves the right to make changes at any time.