This document can be used as a template for the principal to reply to the potential agent regarding the agent's proposal to act as its agent. It states the proposed terms and conditions and expresses the prospect of working together.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document titled 'Appointing an Agent' is a formal letter that serves as a proposal to appoint an agent for a business. The letter is addressed to the recipient, who is being considered for the role of the agent. The importance of this document lies in its potential to establish a business relationship and expand the company's interests in a specific country.
The document begins with the account holder's first name and last name, followed by their job title. The account holder's address is also mentioned in a single line format. The date of the letter is stated as the current date.
The letter is addressed to the recipient as 'dear sir/madam,' indicating a formal tone. The account holder expresses their pleasure in learning that the recipient is open to considering an appointment as their agent.
The account holder mentions that although they have conducted a moderate amount of business in the country, they have not achieved much success. As a result, they are now looking to develop their interests in that particular country.
To support their proposal, the account holder states that they are sending a copy of their complete product catalogue. This indicates that they are serious about establishing a business presence in the country and are willing to provide the necessary resources to the agent.
The account holder then proceeds to propose the terms and conditions for the agency appointment. However, the specific details of these terms and conditions are not mentioned in the document.
If the recipient accepts the proposals, the account holder mentions that they will send two copies of their standard agency contract via courier. One copy is enclosed with the letter for the recipient's reference and comments.
The letter concludes by expressing the account holder's anticipation of welcoming the recipient as their agent and is signed off as 'yours faithfully' followed by the account holder's first name, last name, and job title.
1. Prepare the necessary information: Ensure that you have the account holder's first name, last name, job title, and address in a single line format.
2. Address the recipient formally: Begin the letter with a salutation such as 'Dear Sir/Madam' to maintain a professional tone.
3. Express interest in appointing an agent: Clearly state that you are considering the recipient for the role of an agent and express your pleasure in their willingness to be considered.
4. Highlight the need for expanding business interests: Explain that despite conducting a moderate amount of business in the country, there hasn't been much success. Emphasize the desire to develop interests in that specific country.
5. Provide supporting materials: Mention that you will be sending a copy of your complete product catalogue to showcase the range of products/services offered.
6. Propose terms and conditions: Outline the general idea of the terms and conditions for the agency appointment, but avoid providing specific details in this document.
7. Mention the next steps: Inform the recipient that if they accept the proposals, you will send two copies of the standard agency contract via courier. Enclose one copy with the letter for their reference and comments.
8. Conclude with anticipation: Express your excitement and anticipation of welcoming the recipient as your agent. Sign off the letter as 'Yours faithfully' followed by your first name, last name, and job title.