Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The 'Appraisal Scheme Review Questionnaire' is a document designed to gather feedback and opinions from employees regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of the company's appraisal scheme. The document begins with a title that clearly identifies its purpose. It is important for organizations to regularly review and evaluate their appraisal schemes to ensure they are meeting the desired objectives.
The document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the appraisal scheme. The first section focuses on the objectives of the scheme. It provides a list of potential objectives such as agreeing on training needs, deciding salary/cash awards, reviewing job performance, discussing future career developments, and setting performance-related objectives for the following 12 months. Employees are asked to select the objectives that they feel are relevant and can also add any other objectives they consider important.
The second section addresses the timing and frequency of the appraisal reviews. Employees are asked whether they believe the reviews should continue to be held at the current time or if they suggest a different time of the year. They are also asked whether a formal review should be conducted every 6 months, every 12 months, or less frequently.
The third section focuses on the appraiser's preparation and style. Employees are asked to rate the extent to which they felt the appraiser understood their job, competence, achievements, and aspirations. They are also asked to rate the appraiser's ability to provide them with the opportunity to share their views and ideas effectively. Additionally, employees are asked to rate whether the appraiser ensured that both parties knew exactly what actions had been agreed upon. Furthermore, employees are asked if any of the appraiser's comments came as a surprise and to provide examples if applicable.
The fourth section addresses follow-up actions. Employees are asked if they refer to the discussion notes/summary during the year to remind themselves of the objectives, training plans, or to make any amendments. Appraisers are asked how they utilize the documentation once the review has been completed. Appraisees are also asked how they utilize the documentation once the review has been completed. Additionally, employees are asked if they formally discuss their performance progress with their boss outside of the annual performance review. Lastly, employees are asked if they feel confident that the decisions made during the performance review discussion will be acted upon.
The fifth section focuses on career development. Employees are asked if they feel the appraisal scheme is an adequate vehicle for determining career progression and development needs. If they answer 'no', they are asked to provide suggestions on how it could be adapted to fulfill this purpose.
The sixth section addresses the form design of the appraisal document. Employees are asked if they find the general design and layout of the form acceptable. If they answer 'no', they are given the opportunity to elaborate on their concerns.
The final section allows employees to provide any general comments they may have regarding the improvement or acceptability of the appraisal process in general. This section provides an open-ended space for employees to express their thoughts and suggestions.
Overall, the 'Appraisal Scheme Review Questionnaire' is a comprehensive document that covers various aspects of the appraisal scheme, allowing employees to provide detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement.
To effectively use the 'Appraisal Scheme Review Questionnaire', follow these steps:
1. Review the document: Familiarize yourself with the content and structure of the questionnaire.
2. Objectives: In section 1, select the objectives that you personally feel are relevant to the appraisal scheme. If you believe there are other objectives that should be considered, add them in the provided space.
3. Evaluation of objectives: In section 1.2, indicate whether you believe the objectives of the appraisal scheme were met by selecting 'yes', 'no', or 'partly'. If you selected 'no' or 'partly', specify in section 1.3 how they were not met.
4. Timing and frequency: In section 2, consider whether the reviews should continue to be held at the current time or suggest an alternative time of the year. Additionally, determine the frequency of formal reviews that you believe would be most effective.
5. Appraiser preparation and style: In section 3.1, rate the extent to which you felt the appraiser understood your job, competence, achievements, and aspirations. Rate how effectively the appraiser provided you with the opportunity to share your views and ideas. Rate whether the appraiser ensured that both parties knew exactly what actions had been agreed upon. If any of the appraiser's comments came as a surprise, provide examples in section 3.2.
6. Follow-up action: In section 4.1, indicate whether you refer to the discussion notes/summary during the year and utilize them for various purposes. If you are an appraiser, specify how you utilize the documentation once the review has been completed. If you are an appraisee, specify how you utilize the documentation.
7. Performance progress discussion: In section 4.4, indicate whether you formally discuss your performance progress with your boss outside of the annual performance review.
8. Confidence in decisions: In section 4.5, express whether you feel confident that the decisions made during the performance review discussion will be acted upon.
9. Career development: In section 5.1, indicate whether you believe the appraisal scheme is adequate for determining career progression and development needs. If you answered 'no', provide suggestions on how it could be adapted in section 5.2.
10. Form design: In section 6.1, state whether you find the general design and layout of the appraisal form acceptable. If you answered 'no', elaborate on your concerns in section 6.2.
11. General comments: In section 7.1, provide any additional comments you have regarding the improvement or acceptability of the appraisal process in general.
By following these steps, you will be able to effectively utilize the 'Appraisal Scheme Review Questionnaire' and provide valuable feedback to improve the appraisal scheme within your organization.