This is an appraisal letter to be used to inform an employee of their unsatisfactory performance appraisal result and to highlights areas of weakness in their performance. It also includes a stern call to action demanding that the employee improve or be put on a performance improvement plan.
Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before sending to the addressee.
The document is an appraisal letter that provides feedback on an individual's performance over a one-year period. The letter is addressed to the employee and highlights the importance of the appraisal process. It begins with the sender's contact information, including the company name, address, phone number, and email. The recipient's name and address are also included.
The letter starts with a salutation and a reference to the performance appraisal feedback. It informs the employee that their performance has been reviewed and found unsatisfactory. The letter emphasizes that the employee's work consistently fails to meet the company's standards and expectations for their position.
The letter then proceeds to outline the specific areas of unsatisfactory performance that the employee needs to address. It mentions that employees are expected to achieve and maintain an acceptable level of performance throughout their employment. If there is no immediate improvement, the company may put the employee on a performance improvement plan.
The letter concludes by giving the employee the option to respond in writing or by contacting the sender directly. It is signed by the sender, including their first and last name, job title, and the company they work for.
1. Review the feedback: Read the appraisal letter carefully to understand the feedback provided on your performance over the past year.
2. Take note of the unsatisfactory performance issues: Pay attention to the specific areas where your performance has been deemed unsatisfactory. These areas need improvement.
3. Reflect on the company's standards and expectations: Consider the standards and expectations set by the company for your position. Compare your performance against these benchmarks.
4. Identify areas for improvement: Assess your own performance and identify the areas where you need to improve. This could include specific skills or behaviors.
5. Consider the consequences: Understand that if there is no immediate improvement, you may be put on a performance improvement plan.
6. Decide on a response: Decide whether you want to respond to the appraisal letter in writing or by contacting the sender directly.
7. Seek clarification if needed: If you have any questions or need clarification on any aspect of the feedback, reach out to the sender for further information.
8. Take action: Develop a plan to address the areas of unsatisfactory performance and take proactive steps to improve.
9. Monitor your progress: Regularly assess your progress and make adjustments as necessary to meet the company's standards and expectations.
10. Seek support if necessary: If you need assistance or guidance in improving your performance, consider reaching out to your supervisor or HR department for support.