Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The document titled 'Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policy' is a comprehensive policy that aims to create a safe and inclusive working environment free from any form of harassment and bullying. The policy applies to all employees, including those under permanent or part-time contracts, interns, volunteers, consultants, and casual workers. The document begins by highlighting the importance of the policy and the commitment of the company to provide a safe working environment.
The policy is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of harassment and bullying. The first section provides a general introduction to the policy, emphasizing the company's opposition to all forms of harassment and bullying and the importance of treating each other with dignity and respect. It also clarifies that all allegations of harassment or bullying will be taken seriously and investigated according to the policy.
The second section outlines the responsibilities and measures taken by the senior management and the human resources department to disseminate and implement the policy. It mentions the provision of regular training sessions for all employees to raise awareness about harassment and bullying issues.
The third section introduces the general principles of the policy, including a comprehensive list of protected characteristics against which harassment and bullying are prohibited. The document emphasizes that the list may be amended and updated from time to time. It also clarifies that the examples of harassment and bullying listed in the policy are not exhaustive and provides guidance on seeking advice if uncertain about an incident.
The fourth section specifically addresses harassment, defining it as hostile, humiliating, intimidating, or offensive treatment that deprives an employee of their dignity. It emphasizes that such conduct will not be tolerated, even if labeled as a joke or unintentional. The section provides examples of unacceptable conduct and workplace harassment, including insulting gestures, racist or sexist jokes, and derogatory remarks.
The fifth section focuses on sexual harassment, defining it as any form of sexually offensive behavior. It provides examples of workplace sexual harassment, such as offensive comments, sending explicit messages, and physical assault.
The sixth section defines bullying as deliberate, repeated aggressive behavior directed towards another person or group with the intention to cause harm. It clarifies that legitimate actions, such as performance reviews or reasonable instructions, do not constitute bullying.
The seventh section addresses policy violations, stating that all breaches will be thoroughly investigated by the human resources department. It encourages employees to raise allegations in good faith and assures them of support and protection against reprisals. It also mentions the company's record-keeping practices and the potential disciplinary proceedings for policy breaches.
The document concludes with a section providing contact information for further guidance and a revision date indicating the last update of the policy.
1. Familiarize yourself with the policy: Read the 'Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policy' document carefully to understand its purpose and importance in creating a safe working environment.
2. Recognize the scope of the policy: Understand that the policy applies to all employees, including permanent and part-time contracts, interns, volunteers, consultants, and casual workers.
3. Be aware of the general principles: Take note of the comprehensive list of protected characteristics against which harassment and bullying are prohibited. Remember that the list may be amended and updated.
4. Understand harassment: Familiarize yourself with the definition of harassment provided in the document. Recognize that any conduct that deprives an employee of their dignity will not be tolerated, even if unintentional or labeled as a joke.
5. Recognize unacceptable conduct: Be aware of the examples of unacceptable conduct and workplace harassment listed in the policy. Understand that insulting gestures, racist or sexist jokes, and derogatory remarks are considered unacceptable.
6. Understand sexual harassment: Learn about the definition of sexual harassment and the examples provided in the document. Recognize that offensive comments, explicit messages, and physical assault are considered workplace sexual harassment.
7. Understand bullying: Familiarize yourself with the definition of bullying and the examples provided. Recognize that legitimate actions, such as performance reviews or reasonable instructions, do not constitute bullying.
8. Report policy violations: If you witness or experience any breaches of the policy, promptly report them to the human resources department. Remember that allegations made in good faith will be fully supported, and there will be no reprisals against employees.
9. Be aware of disciplinary proceedings: Understand that all breaches of the policy will be thoroughly investigated, and disciplinary proceedings may be initiated depending on the severity of the breach. Recognize that severe breaches may result in dismissal without notice.
10. Seek further guidance: If you have any questions or need additional guidance, contact your human resources representative for assistance.