Click "Create Document" button and the document will be prepared with your account details automatically filled in.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before publication / distribution.
The 'Appraisal Scheme Template' is a document that is used for conducting employee performance appraisals. It is an important document as it provides a structured framework for evaluating an employee's job performance and identifying areas for improvement. The document begins with a section for capturing basic information such as the employee's name, job title, department, length of time in the post, and the date of the appraisal.
The document consists of several sections, each serving a specific purpose. The first section is the 'Job Description' section, where the employee's job responsibilities and duties are outlined. This section helps both the employee and the supervisor to have a clear understanding of the expectations and requirements of the job.
The next section is the 'Assessment of Performance' section, which is divided into several subsections. Each subsection focuses on a specific aspect of the employee's performance, such as volume of work, job knowledge, safety awareness, dependability, teamwork, attendance and punctuality, work planning, and communication. The supervisor is required to rate the employee's performance in each aspect by selecting the appropriate option from the provided choices.
After the assessment, the supervisor is given an opportunity to provide comments on the employee's performance in each aspect. This allows the supervisor to provide specific feedback and suggestions for improvement. The supervisor also has the option to provide general comments on the overall assessment.
The document concludes with the 'Action Plans' section, where the supervisor and the employee can agree on specific actions to be taken to develop the employee's skills and improve job performance. This section may include training or counseling requirements and possible steps in career development.
In summary, the 'Appraisal Scheme Template' is a comprehensive document that facilitates the evaluation of an employee's performance and provides a roadmap for their professional development. It ensures that both the employee and the supervisor have a clear understanding of the job requirements and expectations, and it helps identify areas for improvement and growth.
To effectively use the 'Appraisal Scheme Template', follow these steps:
1. Fill in the basic information: Enter the employee's name, job title, department, length of time in the post, and the date of the appraisal. This ensures accurate identification and record-keeping.
2. Review the job description: Read through the job description section and ensure that it accurately reflects the employee's responsibilities and duties. Make any necessary adjustments or clarifications in consultation with the employee.
3. Assess performance in each aspect: Evaluate the employee's performance in each aspect, such as volume of work, job knowledge, safety awareness, dependability, teamwork, attendance and punctuality, work planning, and communication. Select the appropriate rating option for each aspect based on the provided choices.
4. Provide specific comments: In each aspect, provide specific comments on the employee's performance. Highlight strengths and areas for improvement. Be constructive and offer suggestions for growth.
5. Provide general comments: Provide general comments on the overall assessment. Summarize the employee's performance and highlight any notable achievements or concerns.
6. Agree on action plans: Discuss with the employee and agree on specific actions to be taken to develop their skills and improve job performance. This may include training or counseling requirements and possible steps in career development.
7. Sign and finalize: Have the supervisor and the employee sign the document to indicate their agreement and understanding of the assessment and action plans.
By following these steps, the 'Appraisal Scheme Template' can be effectively utilized to assess employee performance, provide feedback, and plan for professional development.