Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
This Service Agreement - Computer Repair is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the servicer and the customer for computer repair services. The agreement highlights the importance of prompt and timely performance of the servicer's obligations and the customer's responsibility to pay for the services rendered.
The document begins with an interpretation section, defining key terms and providing general provisions. It includes definitions for agreement, services, completion date, and other relevant terms. The agreement also clarifies that references to persons include individuals, bodies corporate, unincorporated associations, and partnerships.
The servicer's obligations are outlined in section 2, which states that the servicer agrees to use its knowledge and skill to provide the services to the customer in accordance with the terms of the agreement. It further specifies that the servicer will provide the services in a professional and diligent manner, consistent with industry standards and good commercial practice.
Section 3 emphasizes the importance of timely completion of the work. It states that time is of the essence, and the services should be completed by the agreed-upon completion date. If there are any delays, the customer may grant an extension of time for completion.
The agreement also covers service fees in section 4. It states that the customer shall pay the servicer a service fee for the services rendered, payable according to the specified schedule. The servicer is responsible for keeping an exact record of any expenses incurred and submitting an itemized invoice to the customer.
Warranties and indemnities are addressed in section 5. The servicer is required to promptly notify the customer of any delays, problems, or complaints related to the services. The customer, in turn, should report any defects in the servicer's performance. The servicer is obligated to rectify any reported defects as soon as reasonably practicable.
The agreement also includes provisions for termination, ownership of materials, confidential information, announcements/publicity, amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and jurisdiction.
Notices and service are covered in section 18, which specifies the methods and timing of delivering notices between the parties. The agreement can be executed in counterparts, with each counterpart considered an original.
This Service Agreement - Computer Repair is a crucial document that protects the rights and obligations of both the servicer and the customer. It ensures that the computer repair services are carried out professionally, with clear expectations and payment terms.
1. Provide information: Enter the Contractor's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify price and completion date: Clearly specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the Contractor. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Describe services: Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the Contractor. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Agree on length of warranty and time of payment: Both parties should agree on the length of warranty and time of payment after the completion of the work. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and the length of the warranty.
5. Specify damages: If the work is not completed by the completion date, specify the amount of damages per week that the Customer is entitled to. This ensures that both parties are aware of the consequences of non-completion.
6. Termination: The agreement should outline the circumstances under which either party can terminate the agreement. This protects both parties in case of non-performance or breach of contract.
7. Ownership of materials: Clarify that the customer's computer is their property and should be returned in the same condition. Also, specify that any intellectual property developed during the service agreement becomes the customer's property.
8. Confidentiality: Both parties should agree to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information confidential. This protects sensitive business information.
9. Amendments: Any changes to the agreement should be made in writing and signed by both parties. This ensures that any modifications are legally binding.
10. Notices and service: Specify the methods and timing of delivering notices between the parties. This ensures effective communication.
By following these steps, both the servicer and the customer can effectively use the Service Agreement - Computer Repair to protect their rights and ensure a successful business relationship.