Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
This Service Agreement - Small Contract Work is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the Contractor and the Customer for the provision of services. The importance of this document cannot be overstated as it serves as a written agreement that protects the rights and obligations of both parties involved.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing specific aspects of the agreement. The first section is the interpretation, which provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement. This ensures that both parties have a clear understanding of the terminology used.
The second section focuses on the Contractor's obligations. It outlines the responsibilities of the Contractor, including carrying out the work with due diligence, using good quality materials, and complying with any instructions or variations issued by the Customer. This section also addresses the process for claiming an extension of time in case of delays.
The third section deals with the completion of the work. It states that the Contractor's obligations will be fulfilled upon completion of the work, including the delivery of any required deliverables. It also specifies the timeframe for the Customer to respond and accept the completed work.
The fourth section covers the limitation of liability. It outlines the Contractor's responsibility to rectify any defects or faults within a specified warranty period. It also limits the Contractor's liability for indirect or consequential losses and sets a cap on the total liability.
The fifth section addresses the assignment of the agreement and the Contractor's ability to sub-contract the performance of the work. It also includes provisions for situations where the Contractor cannot fulfill its obligations due to circumstances beyond its control.
The sixth section focuses on site regulations and the Contractor's obligation to comply with any health and safety or other applicable regulations notified by the Customer.
The seventh section covers payment terms, stating that the Customer shall pay the agreed price to the Contractor within a specified timeframe after completion of the work.
The eighth section addresses the ownership of materials, stating that any materials and goods delivered to the site become the property of the Customer.
The ninth section deals with injury, damage, and insurance. It requires the Contractor to maintain appropriate insurance coverage to cover any liability arising from the work.
The tenth section covers termination of the agreement, specifying the circumstances under which either party may terminate the agreement and the actions required upon termination.
The eleventh section clarifies that the agreement does not confer any rights to third parties.
The twelfth section addresses dispute resolution, stating that the parties should make reasonable efforts to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith.
The thirteenth section covers notices and service, specifying the methods and timing for delivering notices between the parties.
In conclusion, this Service Agreement - Small Contract Work is a comprehensive document that outlines the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both the Contractor and the Customer. It provides clarity and protection for both parties and serves as a legally binding agreement.
1. Enter the Contractor's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Clearly specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the Contractor. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the Contractor. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Both parties should agree on the length of warranty and time of payment after the completion of the work. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and the length of the warranty.
5. If the work is not completed by the completion date, specify the amount of damages per week that the Customer is entitled to. This ensures that both parties are aware of the consequences of non-completion.
6. The Contractor should comply with any health and safety or other applicable site regulations notified by the Customer prior to the commencement of the work.
7. The Customer should pay the agreed price to the Contractor within the specified timeframe after completion of the work.
8. All materials and goods delivered to the site become the property of the Customer, who will bear the risk of their accidental loss or damage.
9. The Contractor should maintain appropriate insurance coverage to cover any liability arising from the work.
10. Termination of the agreement may occur if either party becomes bankrupt, enters into a composition or arrangement with creditors, or has a winding up order made against them.
11. The agreement does not confer any rights to third parties.
12. In case of disputes, the parties should make reasonable efforts to resolve them amicably and in good faith.
13. Notices should be served by hand, e-mail, or post, and the timing of service should follow the specified rules.
By following these steps, both the Contractor and the Customer can effectively use this Service Agreement - Small Contract Work to ensure a clear understanding of their rights and obligations, and to protect their interests.