Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Service Agreement - Food Services is a document that outlines the agreement between the Servicer and the Customer for the provision of food services. It is important as it establishes the terms and conditions under which the services will be provided, ensuring that both parties are aware of their rights and obligations.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the agreement. The first section, titled 'Interpretation,' provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement. This ensures clarity and avoids any misunderstandings.
The next section, titled 'Servicer's Obligations,' outlines the responsibilities of the Servicer. It states that the Servicer will provide the food services at a specified location and agrees to do so in a professional and diligent manner. It also mentions the need for compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
The section on 'Completion of the Work' emphasizes the importance of timely completion of the services. It states that time is of the essence and sets a completion date. It also addresses the consequences of non-completion, including the possibility of liquidated damages.
The 'Staff' section specifies that the Servicer will assign food service personnel to perform the services. It also mentions the Servicer's right to substitute employees if necessary. Additionally, it outlines the rules regarding breaks for the employees.
The 'Service Fees' section discusses the payment terms for the services. It states the amount of the service fee, the schedule of payment, and the consequences of late payment. It also addresses any additional expenses that may be incurred by the Servicer.
The 'Cancellation' section outlines the conditions for canceling the agreement and the associated fees. It also mentions the possibility of cancellation by either party and the refund policy.
The 'Laws and Permits' section highlights the requirement for the Servicer to obtain all necessary licenses and permits for providing the services. It also mentions compliance with health department regulations and the exclusion of alcoholic beverage service.
The 'Background Checks' section assures the Customer that the Servicer's employees have undergone comprehensive background checks and have no criminal history or listing on sex-offender registries.
The 'Licenses and Insurance' section states that the Servicer will obtain the necessary licenses and maintain appropriate insurance coverage. This ensures that the Servicer is legally authorized to provide the services and protects against liability.
The 'Warranties and Indemnities' section establishes the obligations of both parties regarding the reporting and rectification of any defects or complaints. It also clarifies that the Customer's rights and benefits are enforceable only through the services provided by the Servicer.
The 'Term and Termination' section specifies the duration of the agreement and the conditions for termination by either party. It also addresses the consequences of termination, including the return of materials and any outstanding payments.
The 'Ownership of Materials' section states that materials and goods provided for the services become the property of the Customer. It also addresses the ownership of intellectual property developed under the agreement.
The 'Confidential Information' section imposes obligations on both parties to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information confidential. It lists exceptions to this obligation, such as information already in the public domain or required to be disclosed by law.
The 'Announcements/Publicity' section requires prior approval for any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, except where required by law.
The 'Amendment' section states that any changes to the agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties. It also clarifies that variations do not constitute a waiver of other provisions.
The 'Assignment' section prohibits the assignment or subcontracting of the agreement without prior written consent.
The 'Severability' section addresses the situation where a provision of the agreement is deemed illegal, void, or unenforceable. It states that such provision will be disregarded, and the parties will negotiate a valid substitute provision if necessary.
The 'Further Assurance' section requires the parties to perform any acts or execute any documents necessary to implement the agreement.
The 'Warranty of Capacity and Power' section confirms that each party has the authority and capacity to enter into and fulfill their obligations under the agreement.
The 'Force Majeure' section states that none of the parties will be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations due to causes beyond their control.
The 'No Rights under Contracts for Third Parties' section clarifies that only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
The 'Arbitration and Proper Law' section encourages the parties to resolve disputes amicably and states that the proper law governing the agreement is to be determined.
The 'Notices and Service' section specifies the methods and timings for serving notices between the parties.
The 'Counterparts' section allows the agreement to be executed in multiple counterparts, with each counterpart considered an original.
Overall, this Service Agreement - Food Services document provides a comprehensive framework for the provision of food services, ensuring that both parties understand their rights, obligations, and the consequences of non-compliance.
1. Enter the Contractor's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Clearly specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the Contractor. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the Contractor. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Both parties should agree on the length of warranty and time of payment after the completion of the work. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and the length of the warranty.
5. If the work is not completed by the completion date, specify the amount of damages per week that the Customer is entitled to. This ensures that both parties are aware of the consequences of non-completion.
6. The Servicer should assign and send food service personnel to the event to perform the services. The Servicer reserves the right to change any employee assignment if necessary.
7. The Servicer's employees should not consume or use alcohol, narcotics, or any other controlled substances while performing the services.
8. The Servicer's employees are entitled to breaks and a lunch break according to the specified hours of work.
9. The Customer should pay the Servicer the agreed service fee in accordance with the provided schedule. Late payment may incur additional charges.
10. The Servicer may incur additional expenses related to the services. The Servicer should keep a record of these expenses and provide an itemized invoice with proof of purchase.
11. Any disputes regarding an invoice should be notified in writing within 10 business days, along with supporting documentation.
12. The Servicer should provide their own supplies and equipment unless otherwise agreed upon. The Customer should reimburse the Servicer for any agreed-upon expenses.
13. To cancel the agreement without incurring a late cancellation fee, a minimum of three days' notice must be given.
14. If the Servicer cancels the agreement, any payments made by the Customer will be refunded within 5 working days.
15. The Servicer should obtain all necessary licenses, permits, and permissions to provide the services. Compliance with health department regulations is required.
16. The Servicer's employees have undergone comprehensive background checks and have no criminal history or listing on sex-offender registries.
17. The Servicer should obtain the required licenses and maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
18. Both parties have obligations regarding the reporting and rectification of any defects or complaints.
19. The agreement can be terminated by either party upon written notice, subject to the specified conditions.
20. Upon termination, the Servicer should give up possession of the site and return any relevant materials.
21. Materials and goods provided for the services become the property of the Customer.
22. Both parties have obligations to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information confidential, subject to certain exceptions.
23. Any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement require prior written approval, except where required by law.
24. Any changes to the agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties.
25. The agreement cannot be assigned or subcontracted without prior written consent.
26. If any provision of the agreement is deemed illegal or unenforceable, the parties will negotiate a valid substitute provision.
27. The parties should perform any acts or execute any documents necessary to implement the agreement.
28. Each party represents and warrants that they have the authority and capacity to enter into and fulfill their obligations under the agreement.
29. Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations due to causes beyond their control.
30. Only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
31. The parties should attempt to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith.
32. Notices between the parties should be served in accordance with the specified methods and timings.
33. The agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts, with each counterpart considered an original.