Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Service Agreement - Event Photography is a document that outlines the terms and conditions between the servicer and the customer for the provision of event photography services. This agreement is important as it establishes the rights and obligations of both parties, ensuring a clear understanding of the scope of work, pricing, completion date, and other key aspects of the service.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing specific aspects of the agreement. The first section, titled 'Interpretation,' provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement and sets the context for the rest of the document.
The second section, 'Servicer's Obligations,' outlines the responsibilities of the servicer in providing the event photography services. It covers the duration of the services, the standard of service expected, compliance with laws and regulations, and the need for any instructions or variations to be confirmed in writing. It also highlights that any services outside the agreed scope will require a separate agreement.
The third section, 'Photography Obligations,' specifies that the servicer must follow reasonable instructions issued by the customer and use high-quality equipment and materials.
The fourth section, 'Staffing,' states that the servicer will assign a photographer and, if necessary, assistants to the event.
The fifth section, 'Pre-Event Planning,' emphasizes the importance of a consultation before the event to discuss the location and specific photographs desired by the customer.
The sixth section, 'Cooperation,' highlights the need for effective communication and cooperation between the parties during the provision of services. The customer is also required to provide sufficient notice of key occurrences at the event for the taking of photographs.
The seventh section, 'Final Photograph Package,' allows the customer to select a photograph package and specifies the timing of the post-production process.
The eighth section, 'Permits,' states that the servicer is responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses, permits, and permissions for the locations where the services will be provided.
The ninth section, 'Editing of Photographs,' explains that the post-production process may take some time, and the customer will receive the final photograph package upon completion.
The tenth section, 'Completion of the Work,' emphasizes that time is of the essence in fulfilling the servicer's obligations. It allows for an extension of the completion date if there are valid reasons for delay and specifies the liquidated damages that the customer is entitled to if the services are not completed on time.
The eleventh section, 'Service Fees,' outlines the payment terms, including the service fee, invoicing process, and reimbursement of expenses.
The twelfth section, 'Warranties and Indemnities,' requires the servicer to promptly notify the customer of any delays, problems, or complaints related to the services. It also establishes the servicer's liability for personal injury or death arising from the services and the requirement to maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
The thirteenth section, 'Term and Termination,' specifies the duration of the agreement and the circumstances under which either party can terminate it. It also addresses the consequences of termination, including the return of materials and the payment for completed services.
The fourteenth section, 'Ownership of Materials,' clarifies that materials and goods provided for the services become the property of the customer, while intellectual property developed under the agreement belongs to the customer.
The fifteenth section, 'Confidential Information,' imposes obligations on the servicer to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed by the customer confidential, subject to certain exceptions.
The sixteenth section, 'Announcements/Publicity,' requires the parties to obtain each other's approval before making any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, except as required by law.
The seventeenth section, 'Amendment,' specifies that any changes to the agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. It also clarifies that variations do not constitute a waiver of other provisions and that the rights and obligations of the parties remain in full force and effect.
The eighteenth section, 'Assignment,' prohibits the servicer from assigning the agreement or subcontracting the performance without the written consent of the other party.
The nineteenth section, 'Severability,' states that if any provision of the agreement is deemed illegal, void, or unenforceable, it will be disregarded, and the remaining provisions will remain valid and enforceable. The parties will negotiate a substitute provision if necessary.
The twentieth section, 'Further Assurance,' requires the parties to perform any further acts or execute additional documents necessary to implement and give effect to the agreement.
The twenty-first section, 'Warranty of Capacity and Power,' includes representations and warranties from each party regarding their authority, power, and capacity to enter into and fulfill their obligations under the agreement.
The twenty-second section, 'Force Majeure,' relieves the parties from liability for any failure or delay in performing their obligations due to causes beyond their reasonable control.
The twenty-third section, 'No Rights Under Contracts for Third Parties,' clarifies that only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
The twenty-fourth section, 'Arbitration and Proper Law,' encourages the parties to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith.
The twenty-fifth section, 'Notices and Service,' specifies the methods and timing of serving notices under the agreement.
The twenty-sixth section, 'Counterparts,' allows the agreement to be executed in multiple counterparts, with each counterpart considered an original document.
As witness, the agreement is signed on behalf of the parties, with their respective names, addresses, and contact information provided.
To use the Service Agreement - Event Photography effectively, follow these steps:
1. Provide Information: Enter the names and principal places of business of both the servicer and the customer in the agreement. This ensures clear identification of the parties involved.
2. Specify Services, Price, and Completion Date: Clearly describe the event photography services to be provided by the servicer. Specify the agreed price and the completion date for the work. This ensures that both parties understand the scope of work, expectations, and deadlines.
3. Discuss Pre-Event Planning: Engage in a consultation with the customer before the event to finalize the location and any specific photographs desired. This allows for proper planning and preparation.
4. Assign Staffing: The servicer should assign a photographer and, if necessary, assistants to the event. This ensures that the necessary personnel are available to provide the services.
5. Cooperate and Communicate: Maintain open and amicable communication with the customer throughout the provision of services. The customer should provide sufficient notice of key occurrences at the event for the taking of photographs.
6. Obtain Permits: Ensure that all necessary licenses, permits, and permissions for the event locations are obtained by the servicer. This ensures compliance with legal requirements.
7. Deliver Final Photograph Package: After the event, complete the post-production process within the agreed timeframe. Deliver the final photograph package to the customer, as selected by them.
8. Complete the Work Promptly: Time is of the essence in fulfilling the servicer's obligations. Make every effort to complete the services by the agreed completion date. If there are valid reasons for delay, communicate with the customer and request an extension if necessary.
9. Invoice and Payment: The servicer should invoice the customer 14 days prior to the payment date, including any services performed and expenses incurred. Payment is due on the agreed date or within 14 days of receiving the invoice. Keep accurate records of expenses and obtain written consent for any expenses exceeding a specified limit.
10. Comply with Warranties and Indemnities: Promptly notify the customer of any delays, problems, or complaints related to the services. Take necessary actions to rectify any defects or issues. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for liability arising from the services.
11. Termination: The agreement may be terminated by either party under certain circumstances. Follow the termination procedures outlined in the agreement, including the return of materials and payment for completed services.
12. Protect Confidential Information: Keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed by the customer confidential, except as required by law or with the customer's approval.
13. Seek Approval for Announcements: Obtain written approval from the other party before making any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, unless required by law.
14. Seek Legal Advice for Amendments: Any changes to the agreement should be made in writing and signed by both parties. Seek legal advice if necessary.
15. Perform Additional Acts if Required: Both parties should perform any further acts or execute additional documents necessary to implement and give effect to the agreement.
16. Resolve Disputes Amicably: In case of any disputes, make reasonable efforts to resolve them amicably and in good faith. Consider arbitration if necessary.
17. Serve Notices Properly: Serve any notices required under the agreement in accordance with the specified methods and timing.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Service Agreement - Event Photography and ensure a smooth provision of event photography services while maintaining a clear understanding of rights, obligations, and expectations between the servicer and the customer.