This is a Service Agreement suitable for the provision of roofing services. Under this agreement, a Servicer is to provide roofing services to a Customer for an Agreed Price. The service can be used for installing solar panels or fixing roofs. This agreement is drafted in favour of the Servicer.
Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
This service agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the servicer and the customer for the provision of roofing services. The agreement highlights the importance of clearly identifying both parties and their principal places of business. It also emphasizes the need to specify the agreed price, completion date, and scope of work to avoid any misunderstandings. The servicer's obligations are detailed, including the requirement to obtain licenses and permits, prepare a list of materials, perform daily and final cleanups, and provide services in a professional and diligent manner. The agreement also covers the completion of the work, service fees, warranties and indemnities, licenses and insurance, independent contractor status, term and termination, ownership of materials, confidential information, announcements/publicity, amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and jurisdiction. The agreement concludes with provisions for notices and service and counterparts.
To use this service agreement effectively, follow these steps:
1. Provide information: Enter the Contractor's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify price and completion date: Clearly specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the Contractor. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Describe services: Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the Contractor. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Agree on length of warranty and time of payment: Both parties should agree on the length of warranty and time of payment after the completion of the work. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and the length of the warranty.
5. Specify damages: If the work is not completed by the completion date, specify the amount of damages per week that the Customer is entitled to. This ensures that both parties are aware of the consequences of non-completion.
6. Review licenses and insurance: Ensure that the Contractor has obtained all necessary licenses and maintains appropriate insurance coverage for the provision of services.
7. Understand independent contractor status: Recognize that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee or agent of the Customer. Both parties should understand their respective rights and obligations.
8. Monitor performance: The Customer has the right to reasonably monitor the Contractor's performance of its obligations. The Contractor should cooperate and facilitate such monitoring.
9. Termination: Understand the conditions under which either party can terminate the agreement, including non-payment or material breach. Ensure that any outstanding balances are paid within the specified timeframe.
10. Protect confidential information: Keep all confidential information disclosed during the agreement confidential and only disclose it as required by law or with the other party's approval.
11. Seek legal advice if needed: If there are any uncertainties or concerns about the agreement, consult with a legal professional to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
By following these steps, both the Contractor and the Customer can effectively use this service agreement for their roofing services contract.