Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Online Course Development Agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions between the Course Developer and the Client for the creation and supply of course materials for online distribution. This agreement is important as it establishes the rights and obligations of both parties and ensures that the work is completed in a professional and timely manner.
The agreement begins with an interpretation section, which defines key terms used throughout the document. It clarifies that the Course Developer is responsible for creating and supplying the work, while the Client engages the services of the Course Developer.
The Course Developer's obligations are outlined in section 2. This includes providing the services in a professional and diligent manner, complying with all applicable laws and regulations, and delivering the work to the Client in the designated medium and format.
Section 3 focuses on the completion of the work. It emphasizes that time is of the essence and requires prompt and timely performance from the Course Developer. It also allows for extensions of the completion date if there are valid reasons for delay.
Revisions and fees are addressed in sections 4 and 5, respectively. The Client is entitled to a certain number of revisions, and any additional revisions will be charged at a specified rate. The fees for the services are outlined in a schedule, and the Course Developer will invoice the Client prior to the payment date.
The agreement also includes provisions for independent contractor status, warranties and indemnities, term and termination, ownership of materials, confidential information, announcements/publicity, amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and no rights under contracts for third parties.
Notices and service are covered in section 20, which specifies the methods and timing of delivering notices between the parties. The agreement can be executed in counterparts, allowing each party to sign separate copies that together form a single instrument.
Overall, this agreement is crucial for establishing a clear understanding between the Course Developer and the Client, ensuring that the work is completed to the Client's satisfaction and in accordance with industry standards.
To use the Online Course Development Agreement, follow these steps:
1. Review the agreement: Familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement. Pay attention to the definitions, obligations, and rights of both parties.
2. Customize the agreement: Fill in the necessary information, such as the names and addresses of the Course Developer and the Client. Make sure to include any specific details regarding the completion date, delivery of the work, and revisions.
3. Specify the fees: Determine the agreed-upon fee for the services and include it in the schedule. Consider any additional charges for revisions beyond the allotted number.
4. Sign the agreement: Both the Course Developer and the Client should sign the agreement to indicate their acceptance of the terms. It is recommended to keep copies of the signed agreement for reference.
5. Communicate effectively: Throughout the course of the agreement, maintain open and clear communication with the Course Developer. Promptly report any defects or issues with the services and work.
6. Resolve disputes: If any disputes arise, try to resolve them amicably and in good faith. Follow the procedures outlined in the agreement for notifying the other party and providing supporting documentation.
7. Comply with confidentiality obligations: Keep any confidential information disclosed during the agreement confidential and ensure that employees and representatives also adhere to these obligations.
8. Terminate the agreement if necessary: If either party wishes to terminate the agreement, follow the specified procedures and provide written notice to the other party. Ensure that any outstanding balances are paid within the designated timeframe.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Online Course Development Agreement to establish a mutually beneficial relationship between the Course Developer and the Client and ensure the successful creation and supply of course materials for online distribution.