Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Service Agreement - DJ Services is a document that outlines the terms and conditions between the DJ Company and the Customer for the provision of disc jockey services. This agreement is important as it establishes the rights and obligations of both parties, ensuring a clear understanding of the scope of work, payment terms, and other important details.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the agreement. The first section, titled 'Interpretation,' provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement. This ensures that both parties are on the same page regarding the meaning of specific terms.
The second section, 'DJ Company's Obligations,' outlines the responsibilities of the DJ Company. It specifies that the DJ Company will provide its disc jockey services on a specific date and time, at a designated event location. The DJ Company is also required to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those related to anti-bribery, corruption, and data protection.
The third section, 'Completion of the Work,' emphasizes the importance of timely completion of the services. It states that time is of the essence, and the services should be completed by the agreed completion date. However, if there are valid reasons for delay, the customer may grant an extension of time for completion.
The fourth section, 'Service Fees,' addresses the payment terms. It specifies the service fee payable by the customer and the schedule of payment. The DJ Company will invoice the customer prior to the payment date, and late payment will incur a 5% per month late charge. The section also covers expenses incurred by the DJ Company and the process for disputing invoices.
The fifth section, 'Warranties and Indemnities,' outlines the warranties provided by the DJ Company and the customer's obligation to report any defects in the services. It also limits the liability of the DJ Company and includes an indemnity clause.
The sixth section, 'Cancellation of Services,' explains the procedures for canceling the agreement. It states that the customer must provide a minimum of 5 days' notice to avoid a cancellation fee. The DJ Company also reserves the right to cancel the agreement at any time without incurring a cancellation fee.
The seventh section, 'DJ Staffing Arrangements,' addresses the assignment of a DJ to the event location and the DJ's ability to solicit tips from attendees. It also clarifies that any tips collected belong to the DJ.
The eighth section, 'Limitation of Liability,' limits the liability of the DJ Company in the event of circumstances beyond its control. If the DJ Company is unable to perform the services, it will try to secure a replacement provider. If a replacement cannot be found, the DJ Company's liability will be limited to the sum of all monies received for the services.
The ninth section, 'Obligation at the Event,' specifies the customer's responsibility to designate an area for the DJ to perform and the DJ Company's obligation to arrive and leave the event within specified timeframes. It also clarifies that the DJ Company is not responsible for cleaning up after the event.
The tenth section, 'Permits and Permissions,' requires the customer to obtain all necessary licenses, permits, and permissions for the DJ Company to provide the services. It also emphasizes compliance with copyright laws and acknowledges the DJ Company's obligation to follow the rules of the event location.
The eleventh section, 'Term and Termination,' outlines the duration of the agreement and the circumstances under which either party can terminate it. It also addresses the customer's obligation to pay outstanding balances upon termination.
The twelfth section, 'Ownership of Materials,' addresses intellectual property rights and the licensing of such rights to the customer. It specifies that the license will terminate upon termination of the agreement.
The thirteenth section, 'Confidential Information,' imposes obligations on both parties to keep the terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed during the arrangement confidential. It also provides exceptions to this obligation.
The fourteenth section, 'Announcements/Publicity,' requires prior written approval for any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, except where required by law.
The fifteenth section, 'Amendment,' states that any variation of the agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. It also clarifies that variations do not constitute a general waiver of any provisions and do not affect rights, obligations, or liabilities that have already accrued.
The sixteenth section, 'Assignment,' prohibits the customer from assigning the agreement or subcontracting its performance without the DJ Company's written consent.
The seventeenth section, 'Severability,' addresses the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision in the agreement. It states that such provision will be deemed not included but will not invalidate the remaining provisions. The parties are required to negotiate a valid substitute provision if necessary.
The eighteenth section, 'Further Assurance,' requires both parties to perform any further acts or execute additional documents necessary to implement and give effect to the agreement.
The nineteenth section, 'Warranty of Capacity and Power,' includes representations and warranties from both parties regarding their authority, power, and capacity to enter into and carry out their obligations under the agreement.
The twentieth section, 'Force Majeure,' relieves the parties from liability for any failure or delay in performing their obligations due to causes beyond their reasonable control.
The twenty-first section, 'No Rights under Contracts for Third Parties,' clarifies that third parties have no right to enforce any terms of the agreement.
The twenty-second section, 'Arbitration and Proper Law,' encourages the parties to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith. It also includes a jurisdiction clause.
The twenty-third section, 'Notices and Service,' specifies the methods of serving notices and the addresses of the parties for the purpose of the agreement.
The twenty-fourth section, 'Counterparts,' allows the agreement to be executed in multiple counterparts, each of which is considered an original.
This detailed description provides a comprehensive overview of the entire document, highlighting the importance of each section and its relevance to the agreement between the DJ Company and the Customer.
To use the Service Agreement - DJ Services effectively, follow these steps:
1. Provide information: Enter the DJ Company's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify the date and time of the event: Clearly state the date and time when the DJ Company will provide its services. This helps in scheduling and planning the event.
3. Define the scope of services: Describe the disc jockey services to be provided by the DJ Company. This ensures that both parties are aware of the type of services to be delivered.
4. Agree on completion date: If applicable, agree on the completion date for the services. This helps in setting expectations and deadlines.
5. Determine the service fee: Specify the agreed price for the services and the schedule of payment. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms.
6. Address expenses: Discuss any additional expenses that may be incurred by the DJ Company. Agree on how these expenses will be handled and reimbursed.
7. Report defects: If any defects or issues arise during the provision of services, promptly report them to the DJ Company. This allows for timely resolution and rectification.
8. Understand cancellation terms: Familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy outlined in the agreement. Be aware of the notice period and any associated cancellation fees.
9. Coordinate DJ staffing: Discuss the assignment of a DJ to the event location. Understand that the DJ Company reserves the right to change the assigned DJ if necessary.
10. Clarify event responsibilities: Designate an area for the DJ to perform and ensure that the DJ arrives and leaves within the specified timeframes. Understand that the DJ Company is not responsible for post-event cleanup.
11. Obtain necessary permits: Ensure that all required licenses, permits, and permissions are obtained for the DJ Company to provide the services. Comply with copyright laws and any rules imposed by the event location.
12. Understand termination conditions: Familiarize yourself with the termination provisions in the agreement. Be aware of the circumstances under which either party can terminate the agreement and the associated obligations.
13. Protect confidential information: Keep all terms of the agreement and any confidential information disclosed during the arrangement confidential. Only disclose information as permitted by the agreement.
14. Seek prior approval for announcements: Obtain written approval before making any announcements or disclosures related to the agreement, unless required by law.
15. Comply with applicable laws: Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations throughout the duration of the agreement.
16. Resolve disputes amicably: In case of any disputes, make reasonable efforts to resolve them amicably and in good faith. Consider arbitration as a means of dispute resolution.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Service Agreement - DJ Services and ensure a smooth and mutually beneficial working relationship between the DJ Company and the Customer.