Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Online Course Development Agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions between the Course Developer and the Client for the creation and supply of course materials for online distribution. The agreement starts with an interpretation section, defining key terms and providing general guidelines for the agreement. It then proceeds to outline the Course Developer's obligations, which include providing the services to the Client, performing the work with first-class quality, and complying with all laws and regulations. The agreement also covers the completion of the work, specifying that time is of the essence and outlining the procedures in case of delays or non-completion. Revisions and fees are addressed, with provisions for the number of revisions allowed and the payment schedule. The agreement further establishes the Course Developer as an independent contractor and includes warranties and indemnities to protect the Client. The term and termination section outlines the duration of the agreement and the conditions under which either party can terminate it. Ownership of materials, confidentiality, and announcements/publicity are also addressed. The agreement includes provisions for amendments, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, and the absence of rights for third parties. It concludes with clauses for arbitration, notices and service, and counterparts.
1. Review the agreement: Familiarize yourself with the entire agreement, paying attention to the definitions, obligations, and terms outlined.
2. Understand the Course Developer's obligations: Ensure that the Course Developer agrees to provide the services in a professional and diligent manner, delivering high-quality work that meets industry standards.
3. Clarify completion and revision terms: Discuss and agree upon the completion date, any potential extensions, and the number of revisions allowed. Understand the fees associated with additional revisions.
4. Establish payment terms: Determine the agreed-upon fee and the payment schedule. Make sure to review the invoicing and dispute resolution procedures.
5. Confirm independent contractor status: Understand that the Course Developer is acting as an independent contractor and that no employer-employee relationship is established.
6. Assess warranties and indemnities: Ensure that the Course Developer provides warranties regarding the ownership of materials, absence of infringement, and compliance with laws. Understand the indemnification provisions.
7. Review termination conditions: Familiarize yourself with the termination clauses, including the right to terminate with notice and the consequences of termination.
8. Understand ownership of materials: Confirm that all intellectual property and related materials produced under the agreement will become the property of the Client.
9. Maintain confidentiality: Understand the obligations regarding the handling of confidential information and the return or destruction of such information upon termination.
10. Comply with notice and service requirements: Follow the specified methods and timelines for delivering notices and other communications.
11. Seek legal advice if needed: If you have any doubts or concerns about the agreement, consult with a legal professional to ensure your rights and interests are protected.