Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
The Virtual Assistant Agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the Assistant and the Customer. This agreement is important as it establishes the rights and responsibilities of both parties and ensures that the job will be carried out in accordance with the agreed terms.
The entire document is divided into several sections, each addressing different aspects of the agreement. The first section, titled 'Interpretation', provides definitions for key terms used throughout the agreement. This ensures that both parties have a clear understanding of the terms being used.
The second section, titled 'Assistant's Obligations', outlines the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant. This includes being available during normal business hours and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
The third section, titled 'Completion of the Work', emphasizes the importance of timely completion of the job. It states that time is of the essence and allows for reasonable extensions in case of delays.
The fourth section, titled 'Defects Liability', addresses the reporting and rectification of any defects in the Assistant's performance. It also clarifies the liability of the Assistant and the limitations of their obligations.
The fifth section, titled 'Assignment', prohibits the Customer from assigning the agreement or sub-contracting the job without the Assistant's consent.
The sixth section, titled 'Conflict of Interest', acknowledges that the Assistant is free to provide services to other clients.
The seventh section, titled 'No Modification Unless in Writing', states that any modifications to the agreement must be in writing and agreed upon by both parties.
The eighth section, titled 'Payment', outlines the payment terms and conditions. It specifies the schedule of payments, invoicing procedures, and the customer's responsibility for expenses.
The ninth section, titled 'Independent Contractor', clarifies that the Assistant is an independent contractor and not an employee of the Customer.
The tenth section, titled 'Term and Termination', specifies the duration of the agreement and the circumstances under which it can be terminated.
The eleventh section, titled 'Rights in Work Product', addresses the intellectual property rights of the Assistant and the licensing of those rights to the Customer.
The twelfth section, titled 'No Rights Under Contracts for Third Parties', states that only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
The thirteenth section, titled 'Dispute Resolution', encourages the parties to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith.
The fourteenth section, titled 'Notices and Service', provides guidelines for the delivery of notices between the parties.
The fifteenth section, titled 'Severability', ensures that if any provision of the agreement is deemed illegal or unenforceable, it will not invalidate the remaining provisions.
The sixteenth section, titled 'Counterparts', allows the agreement to be executed in multiple counterparts, each of which is considered an original.
In conclusion, the Virtual Assistant Agreement is a comprehensive document that covers all aspects of the working relationship between the Assistant and the Customer. It ensures that both parties are aware of their rights and responsibilities and provides a framework for the successful completion of the job.
1. Enter the Contractor's and Customer's information in the agreement, including their principal place of business. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the Contractor. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the Contractor. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Both parties should agree on the length of warranty and time of payment after the completion of the work. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and the length of the warranty.
5. If the work is not completed by the completion date, specify the amount of damages per week that the Customer is entitled to. This ensures that both parties are aware of the consequences of non-completion.
6. The Customer should not assign the agreement or sub-contract the performance thereof without the prior written consent of the Assistant.
7. The Assistant is free to provide services to other clients.
8. Any modification of the agreement must be in writing and agreed upon by both parties.
9. In consideration of the satisfactory performance of the job, the Customer shall pay the agreed price to the Assistant according to the specified schedule.
10. The Customer shall promptly report any defects in the Assistant's performance and the Assistant shall rectify them within a reasonable time.
11. The Assistant's liability is capped to the amount of fees received for the job under this agreement.
12. The Customer shall furnish their own supplies and equipment necessary to deliver and complete the job, unless otherwise agreed upon.
13. The Assistant is an independent contractor and will not receive any employee benefits.
14. The agreement shall be effective for a specified term or until the completion of the job, and can be terminated under certain circumstances.
15. The Assistant reserves all intellectual property rights in the work product, but grants the Customer a non-exclusive license to use the deliverables.
16. Only the parties to the agreement have the right to enforce its terms.
17. The parties should make reasonable efforts to resolve any disputes amicably and in good faith.
18. Follow the specified guidelines for delivering notices between the parties.
19. If any provision of the agreement is deemed illegal or unenforceable, the parties should negotiate a valid substitute provision.
20. The agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts, each of which is considered an original.