Fill in the details of the parties. You can click the "Fill with Member’s Information" button to complete it with information saved to your account.
Please fill in any additional information by following the step-by-step guide on the left hand side of the preview document and click the "Next" button.
When you are done, click the "Get Document" button and you can download the document in Word or PDF format.
Please get all parties to review the document carefully and make any final modifications to ensure that the details are correct before signing the document.
This Service Agreement - Moving Services is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between the servicer and the customer for the provision of moving services. The agreement highlights the importance of clearly identifying both parties and their principal places of business. It also emphasizes the need to specify the price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the servicer, as well as the type of services to be provided. The agreement covers various aspects such as the obligations of the servicer, the assignment of employees, the preparation of an inventory, the completion of the work, the payment terms, the laws and permits, background checks, licenses and insurance, claims, warranties and indemnities, term and termination, ownership of materials, confidential information, announcements/publicity, amendment, assignment, severability, further assurance, warranty of capacity and power, force majeure, no rights under contracts for third parties, arbitration and proper law, notices and service, and counterparts. Each section of the agreement is explained in detail to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the rights and responsibilities of both parties.
To use this Service Agreement - Moving Services effectively, follow these steps:
1. Provide information: Enter the servicer's and customer's information, including their principal place of business, in the agreement. This ensures that both parties are clearly identified.
2. Specify price and completion date: Clearly specify the agreed price and completion date of the work to be carried out by the servicer. This will ensure that both parties are aware of the expectations and deadlines.
3. Describe services: Clearly describe the type(s) of services to be provided by the servicer. This ensures that both parties are aware of the scope of work and can avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Agree on payment terms: Both parties should agree on the payment terms, including the service fee and the schedule of payment. This ensures that both parties are aware of the payment terms and can avoid any disputes.
5. Understand laws and permits: Familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations applicable to the services, including anti-bribery and corruption laws and data protection laws. Ensure compliance with these laws to avoid any legal issues.
6. Conduct background checks: Ensure that the servicer's employees have undergone comprehensive background checks and have no criminal history or listing on any sex-offender registry. This will help maintain the safety and security of the moving services.
7. Obtain licenses and insurance: Ensure that the servicer has obtained all necessary licenses and approvals for doing business in the relevant jurisdiction. Also, verify that the servicer maintains appropriate insurance coverage to cover any liability arising from the services.
8. Handle claims: If any items are lost, damaged, or destroyed during the moving process, submit a claim to the servicer and their insurance company within six months from the date of delivery. Follow the claim process and provide all necessary documentation to expedite the resolution.
9. Understand warranties and indemnities: Familiarize yourself with the warranties and indemnities provided by the servicer. Promptly report any defects in the services and allow the servicer an opportunity to rectify any issues.
10. Termination: Understand the conditions under which either party can terminate the agreement. Ensure compliance with the termination provisions and settle any outstanding balances within the specified timeframe.
11. Protect confidential information: Keep all confidential information disclosed during the agreement confidential and ensure that your officers, employees, and representatives also maintain confidentiality.
12. Seek legal advice if needed: If you have any doubts or concerns about the agreement, seek legal advice to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Service Agreement - Moving Services and ensure a smooth and mutually beneficial relationship between the servicer and the customer.